Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Extra Special Spinach Salad

This is by far the MOST requested salad I've ever made in my entire life!!! I first enjoyed it at a Cookie Exchange Luncheon at Christmas time over 9 years ago. I loved it so much that I did a bit of begging just to get the recipe. Over the years this salad has been enjoyed by hundreds of people and at many different kinds of functions.

This recipe was shared with me so I wanted to pass it on to each of you. It's just one way of saying thank you for sharing your creativity with me through all of your wonderful BLOGS! ENJOY!

Here's a close-up of the salad.

Extra Special Spinach Salad

Salad Ingredients:

  • 1 bag baby spinach
  • 1 bag spring mix salad
  • 1 bag of sliced almonds (1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 bag of Ocean Spray Craisins (more or less if desired)
  • 12 or more slices of thick sliced bacon (cooked and cut into slices)
  • 1 fuji apple (cut, sliced and diced)
  • Fresh grated parmesan
  • 1 bunch green onions (slice and dice)
Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing just prior to serving.


Poppy Seed Dressing:
  • 1 cup Canola Oil
  • 1/3 cup Red Raspberry Vinegar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
Mix dressing ingredients in a 2 cup container with a lid. Shake dressing until sugar is dissolved. Pour dressing over salad and serve.

I'm SURE this salad will become a Family Favorite too!!

6 comments:

Di~ said...

Oh Wow, thanks so much. I'll make it next time I need to do a salad.

Nedra said...

Spinach Salad is one of my most favorite foods on earth. Thanks! I'll be trying this one.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my - I think I've had this before. There is one like it in the Lion House cookbook (well one of them) and I think my neighbor made it for a function a while ago, but maybe it was a little different. Anyway it looks great and so healthy! Salads are so yummy this time of year.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh Yum! That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing -- I'm always looking for a good salad recipe.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Thanks for adding my blog to your faves! I'll return the favor. Can't wait to try this salad! It sounds fabulous!! Thanks again--

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

I forgot to tell you that is was such a hoot to read your blog. My daughter's name is KIM NATALIE!!