Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apple Pie Goodie

Fall is officially here and it's feeling like winter is not too far around the corner. The leaves have been changing, the weather has been wet, the temperature is falling and we even saw snow on the mountaintops. I can't believe it's finally here. Yeah! I absolutely LOVE the COLD weather!

So to celebrate the changing of the seasons I'm going to share one of our family's favorite desserts called Apple Pie Goodie. It's been a while since I last made it but, today was the perfect day to make this warm, gooey, tasty, and yummylicious dessert.

So Let's Get Started. . .


Apple Pie Goodie
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  • 5-6 Large Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cut, and sliced)
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 2 tbsp. Flour
Place the peeled, cut, and sliced apples in a 9" x 13" pan.
Mix dry ingredients then pour over apples.
Stir to make sure apples are evenly covered.
Set aside.


Apple Topping
  • 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 cup Quick Oats
  • 3/4 cup Flour
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 Stick Melted Butter
Mix the dry ingredients for topping.
Set aside.

Melt butter and pour over dry ingredients.

Mix well.

Crumble topping over the sliced apples.

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes, if you can wait that long. lol.
Just be careful not to burn your tongue.

Serve with ice cream.
Enjoy!

Look who wanted to get in on the action. . . My grandson, Benjamin.
He really wanted to help and told me how much he loved this "gooey" dessert!

Grandkids are the APPLE of my EYE!!!

11 comments:

Lurline said...

Looks so yum!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Thearica said...

I bought granny smiths to bake..might just make this instead! Sounds so yummy!

Pat said...

Looks like a great, gooey dessert and sounds quite easy to make, too! Benjamin is cute peeking over the top there.

Shelley said...

In the maritimes, we call this Apple Crisp and we make it all the time! and yep, it's yummy :)

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, Yum Kim! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!!

Sherri said...

Yummy....I have it ready to go in the oven...thanks so much for the recipe. Disclaimer...the topping is so good that there might not be enough for the apples...I couldn't stop eating it!

Juliejaz said...

I have this baking in the oven right now. It smell so good! Thanks for the recipe.

Mama Pea said...

That looks mighty tasty. Why could I have predicted you'd have a red mixing bowl? Love it.

Dionne said...

Oh my goodness my mouth is watering and I think I gained a pound just from just reading the recipe and looking at the pictures.
YUMMY, can't wait to try it!
Cheers,
Dionne

Thearica said...

Well ladies...I did bake this delightful recipe for me and my hubby and it was delicious! I had a dessert at the Olive Garden this summer similar to this but this recipe beats that dessert head over heels!! You HAVE got to try it!

Shari said...

I've never been able to get any sort of apple crumble right. This looks like a great recipe to have another go! Thanks!