Thursday, June 19, 2008

Strawberry Trifle

This is the most awesome summer dessert. I made it for Father's Day and it was our first TRIFLE of the season. Fresh strawberries and raspberries are my most favorite berries and I love pineapple and watermelon too!

We had a wonderful dinner together with my kids and my grandkids! It's so fun being a Grandma! I took some pictures of the trifle and I've included the recipe and tell me what you think if you have a chance to make it for your family! ENJOY!


Strawberry Trifle

Ingredients for making trifle:
  • 1 white cake mix
  • 1 package cream cheese, softened (8oz.)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • Danish Dessert
  • Fresh strawberries
Instructions for making the trifle:
  1. Follow the directions on the white cake mix using a 9x13” pan to bake it in. Let cool. Set aside.
  2. Take softened cream cheese and beat in 1 cup sugar.
  3. Take heavy cream and beat in 1/2 cup sugar.
  4. Fold both creams together. Set aside.
  5. Follow Danish dessert recipe for fruit sauce. Let cool before making trifle.
  6. Cut up the strawberries and add to the Danish dessert. You may use as many strawberries as you wish.
  7. Cut up cake into small squares.
  8. Layer the trifle by starting with the cake, cream, strawberries, and repeat until the trifle bowl is full making sure to end with the strawberries and cream on top.
Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serves: 10-12 people.

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh! Its beautiful and it sounds so fabulous. I've never made one it looks so hard.

I have to know where you got those birds.

Nanette Merrill said...

Thanks for your sweet comments to me on my blog kim. I went to costco today and got strawberries and cream and cream cheese. I'm going to make this Sunday! THanks again.