We had a wonderful dinner together with my kids and my grandkids! It's so fun being a Grandma! I took some pictures of the trifle and I've included the recipe and tell me what you think if you have a chance to make it for your family! ENJOY!
Ingredients for making trifle:
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8oz.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Danish Dessert
- Fresh strawberries
Instructions for making the trifle:
- Follow the directions on the white cake mix using a 9x13” pan to bake it in. Let cool. Set aside.
- Take softened cream cheese and beat in 1 cup sugar.
- Take heavy cream and beat in 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold both creams together. Set aside.
- Follow Danish dessert recipe for fruit sauce. Let cool before making trifle.
- Cut up the strawberries and add to the Danish dessert. You may use as many strawberries as you wish.
- Cut up cake into small squares.
- Layer the trifle by starting with the cake, cream, strawberries, and repeat until the trifle bowl is full making sure to end with the strawberries and cream on top.