Monday, June 9, 2008

Adjusting to Summer

Well, it's been a great summer so far but my youngest wants to dictate my life with her extensive plans. She needs to constantly be doing something or playing with someone from sun-up to sundown. Her day doesn't end until 9 or 10 o'clock at night. I usually let her sleep in the morning until 10am and that's when I get the most done. I get even more done when she's off playing with her friends. I'm hoping to get more done this week and next. I don't know how all of you accomplish so much. I've had a blast checking out all of the blog's that Nanette likes to go to on Freda's Hive. All of you are awesome and inspiring!!!

Here's a look at this past week:
Monday: Summer movies with Cousins- 2 cousins came home with us and had a sleepover.
Tuesday: Early Horseback Riding Class (cousins came with us) and then Swimming after lunch.
Wednesday: Natalie and the kids came to visit Grammi! We played most of the day.
Thursday: Another Movie with a Friend (Narnia) then Dinosaur Museum gift shop.
Friday: A little bit of quilting while DH and DS went golfing.
Saturday: Grocery Store, Cleaning, Weeding, and relaxing
Sunday: Church, Dinner with Kids, Cleaning up after Dinner

This week Kenna & her cousins have scheduled a trip to Lagoon for me and their mom. My sister-in-law bought season passes for her, her girls, and Kenna. So, I guess this is the one time this summer I'll go with them. They might be able to talk me into going again but it's so expensive. I should have bought a season pass too but, I didn't want to get roped into going more than one or two times. Since this is my last child I try to give her as much time as I can without feeling like I'm gone everyday. I like to have some time to myself sewing especially since I take the summer off work to relax and play. So, I remind her that it's my vacation time too and some days I want to quilt. She's pretty good about it most of the time.

1 comment:

Busy Little Quilter said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like my life isn't my own anymore. Every time I make plans to stay home and sew, somebody needs me to do something for them.

Summer is hard because kids do make plans and they are always busy. My youngest started back to school this week, so my going places should slow down a little.