Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Cake

It's time for one last Sneak Peek before tomorrows BIG unveiling of my newest MBS project and to help celebrate (and to make the waiting sweeter) I've baked you one of my favorite Fall Desserts called Pumpkin Spice Cake. If you take a closer look you'll see one of the projects peeking out from under the cake plate and fall berries.

Mmmmm. . . Yummy Goodness!!!


Pumpkin Spice Cake
Recipe given to me by my friend, Christie!

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Mix the following ingredients in a bowl:
  • One 15oz. can of Pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup Canola Oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
Add to the mixture:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (I googled pumpkin pie spice ingredients, go here)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Pour mixture into a greased and floured jelly roll pan (that measures 13" x 18" x 1" deep). Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes Let cool.


Cream Cheese Frosting

Mix the following ingredients in a bowl:

  • 8 0z. package (softened) cream cheese
  • 8 tbsp. (softened) butter
  • 3-4 tbsp. milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 6 cups powdered sugar
Spread frosting over the cooled cake and top with...
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (more if you like lots of pecans)
We love to keep our pumpkin spice cake in the refrigerator and serve it with a cold glass of milk. Yummy Yum Yum!


We'll see you tomorrow for the BIG unveiling of my newest project on Moda's Bake Shop and I'll be announcing another fun giveaway that I'll be sponsoring on my blog to help WELCOME the Wonderful FALL Season.

Don't you just LOVE the seasons?

17 comments:

Cindy said...

Just one piece for me, please, I don't want to be a hog.
But I will have a cup of java to go with that.

I'm PEAKING....LOL

Jeanette said...

Is there any left? I'm on my way over *Wink*

Hey, next time you all get together and do lunch and shopping I want to come too *Sniffle*

Anina said...

Yum! And the photos are magazine-worthy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh yummy - I just bought bought a couple cans of pumpkin and now I know what I will make with it!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

onlymehere said...

Okay this is a silly question but are all jelly roll pans the same size? This looks like something my oldest son would love but I need to know what size of pan to cook it in!

Miriam said...

Looks scrummy!!! The cake looks pretty yummy too!!! lol

Kim Walus said...

Dear onlymehere,

I tried to reply to you comment but you have your email set to noreply-comment and I tried to go to your blog to leave a comment but it's not public. So, I hope you read this comment or see that I put the pan measurements in my post.

Hugs, Kim

SewCalGal said...

My mouth is watering. I will swear on a bible that I've never heard the word "DIET", if I can just get one piece of this cake now.

.....and I'm sure I'm going to make this cake recipe soon. It looks yummy.

Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Nedra said...

Yum! You always do such beautiful photography also.
Looking forward to tomorrow.

Pat said...

Those photos do look as if they belong in a magazine!!! The cake sounds YUMMY!!!

Jodi Nelson said...

That wasn't a very big sneak peak! LOL But i like what I'm seeing. ;o)

Barb said...

The spice cake looks yummy.....can't wait for theu nveiling! Also, thanks for your comment on my blog or concern and care!!

bettyp said...

Thanks for sharing,I copied it !!!
Love pumpkin cake!!
bp

Busy Little Quilter said...

That looks so good! I have company coming this week and I think they would love it!

Rae Ann said...

Yum! I can't wait to try them! Thanks!

miss~nance said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Gail

Allison said...

Ok so I tried this...liked it...and ate the WHOLE thing! no wonder my pants feel a whole lot tighter today!!!! Thank you it is so yummy! -Allison