Saturday, April 4, 2009

Itty Bitty Keeper Pattern


I'm excited to unveil my newest pattern from bitty bits and pieces. It's called the "Itty Bitty iPod Keeper" and it holds your ipods, mp3's, cell phones, etc. I made it in two sizes.

The Larger Keeper fits the Video ipods and the Smaller Keeper will fit the ipod nano's. The pocket on the front of the KEEPER will hold your headphones or any spare change. You can also carry your credit card or driver's license inside the keeper.

It's taken me ALL day to make get this post ready to post on my blog. I had to make a second Itty Bitty iPod Keeper, the I had to take all pictures for the pattern while sewing it together, and then to create a pdf file of the pattern. Oh, and then I had to figure out how to upload the pdf files so you could print the pattern in the TRUE size. It worked for me and I'm hoping it will work for you too. I tried out the links below too and went smoothly and the patterns printed perfectly. This is a first for me and I hope you enjoy my efforts!

Here's a close-up of the ipod/phone keepers.

I'm giving this pattern to all of you for FREE so remember not to make them and sell them for profit without my permission and if you don't mind giving me credit that would be great, too!! The pattern is for personal use only! Thanks for your understanding!

The green ipod Keeper (seen above) is the original iPod keeper I made for my daughter's new iPod nano this past Monday. The Black, White, and Red one I made today.

Click on the link below to go to the Pattern Instructions.
Itty Bitty iPod Keeper
Please NOTE: Click on the link below to go to the Pocket pattern.
Or you can print it by clicking on the MORE button within the Scribd box and it will show you a print option. You can click Print right there. I tried it out and it work's REALLY well! Technology is sooo sooo AWESOME!Itty Bitty Keeper Pocket Pattern Saturday @ 7:17pm I Added this Note and two more pictures:

Thanks CJ for telling me you were going to use it for your camera. I ran to get my camera out of my purse and I was really excited to find out that it fits inside the Itty Bitty Keeper Bag, too! How cool is that?

Sooo, you can use it for your cell phone, your ipods, your mp3 players, and your cameras. If you need to adjust the size of the bag. You will need to take a measuring tape and wrap it around the device and then add at least an INCH for the 1/4" seam (which equals 1/2") and the bulk of the batting. Have Fun with it.



19 comments:

Karen said...

Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing with all of us;)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Awesome Kim. Thank you!!! I need a case for my Ipod and am going to try this tonight!

Vicki ♥ said...

Thanks so much Kim. Its a lovely pattern too. I know it would have taken more time to write it up and take the photos for the tutorial than actually sewing them. You have done a great job :)

barb's creations said...

What a great gift idea.I think I'll make one up for my neice for part of her christmas pressie this year,maybe for my nephews as well .Thanks for the freebie I really appreciate ir :) Barb.

CJ said...

Thanks KIM!! I am going to make one for my new camera! It is about the size of my phone (which is the same phone as you show in the first picture). WOOOO HOOO! I think I will put some batting in there for a little padding. The pocket will be great for an extra battery. Thanks again!

CJ said...

I see yours does have batting, so PERFECT! :D

Betsy said...

it is cute.
I don't have an ipod but it is so nice of you to give it out for free.

Kathy said...

This is so awesome. I have an iPod Nano and will be making me a bag! THANK YOU.

Nedra said...

Very generous of you to share your pattern with all of us. Love the red, white and black. It's so YOU. On my post today, I showed a quilt by Heather Purcell of Superior Threads and it's in your colors. I thought of you the whole time she was showing it. I wish you could see it up close because it'a absolutely stunning.

Cindy said...

How fun AND practical, Kim. I just love it. I appreciate all the work and time you have so graciously shared on your blog to put this great tutorial together. I have actually "copied and pasted" it to my Word Docs to save.

I think when I make this up this week I will add a velcro closure, maybe a flap style over the top with a fancy button or ribbon to secure my Ipod or camera when I fast-pace walk the neighborhood.

Again, thank you sew much for the great tutorial. I will making one SOON.

Hugs and blessings.

Kaye said...

Wow Kim, how cool they are. You are such a energetic, creative Lady. Thanks for the patterns. I am sure we will all have fun making them

Thimbleanna said...

It's VERY cute Kim -- thanks for all of your hard work! And, would the red and black one be for you??? (Did you notice on Jodi's blog how I spotted the fabric that came from you -- it was our fav valentine fabric that gave it away. Well, ok, the red and black too LOL!)

Jeanette said...

Kim,
I love this! I have been needing to make something like this for a while but I haven't tried because I wasn't really sure what I wanted.

Now I will be lazy and just use your pattern :D

Brenda said...

Thank-You. I will give this a try. NO, I will do this!! And it will make a great gift!!! Thank-you so much for making this pattern for free - I will have this on my list of things to make sure I do, and then maybe I will put the item that I am making for inside it!! One of my DD's iPod gave up that ghost, so it would make a perfect gift, and the other one, does't have one, so........ this is great!! I am making them bags already, so this could be an accesory!

Kayla said...

Thanks for sharing this Kim! I have wanted to make one since I saw Kenna's at quilt group! Thanks again for picking me up to go! I had a great time...and can't wait to come to the next one! You are so amazing and your patterns are unbelieveably easy to follow and so descriptive...my sister loves patterns like yours because they have pictures and are easy to follow! Thanks again! You are the best and I too love the fabric...the red white and black and to top it off for me...they have my favorite flowers on them!

Stephanie D said...

I came over after seeing Mary on Lake Pulaski's Keeper. I got one for Christmas, and don't always have a pocket, or want it hanging that far down if I'm cooking or something, and this looks perfect. Thanks!

Kritta22 said...

Oh my stinking goodness! I didn't know it was a free thing!!! I was going to buy it from you!!

Thank you soooo much!!

Ginger said...

What wonderful tutorials you did for all of us.Gorgeous patterns ,thank you so much for all your hard work you have done for us!
hugs

Tracey said...

Hi Kim
Two of my daughters were given an iPod touch for Christmas and I remembered seeing this on your blog. I have made them both one today and they are thrilled with them. Thanks so much for taking the trouble to prepare a great tutorial. I think the thing that took the longest was them deciding on the fabric.
Thanks again
Tracey