Sunday, October 5, 2008

Favorite Breakfast Quiche

This is a yummy and satisfying breakfast dish. I'm sure many of you have made it in it's many variations but yesterday at the hair salon the lady sitting next to me had never heard of quiche made with a hashbrown crust. I enlightened her and she gave me her email address so I could mail it to her. Since she had never heard of it before I thought I would just share it with each of you. It's pretty simple to make and a delicious yet sophisticated looking breakfast to serve to a group of people for breakfast or brunch. You can add fruit and pastries to the menu along with orange juice and toast if you like. Enjoy!

Breakfast Quiche
By Kim Walus

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Ore Ida Frozen Hash Browns (Shredded) or Costco's hashbrowns
1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
2 Cups diced Ham, Bacon, Sausage, Polska Keilbasa or any combination
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Colby, or both
Green Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms are optional
1/2 cup Milk
5 eggs (beaten)
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Empty hash browns into a 9”X13” ungreased pyrex dish. Drizzle melted butter over the top and place in a 425 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes. Combine meat, cheese, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and spoon over hash browns. Spread evenly. Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serves 6-10 depending on how BIG you cut the pieces. In my family we're lucky to get 6 pieces. My kids could each eat TWO pieces they love it so much.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing TWO delicious looking recipes! I need a breakfast item to take to bible study in a couple of weeks. This will be perfect!

Nanette Merrill said...

For conference weekend we made 2 big breakfasts as some of my kids were there Saturday and some Sunday. This would have been perfect. Next time! Thank you.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh Yum Kim! Thanks for the recipes -- both the dip and this quiche look wonderful!

Your trip to Sundance looked really fun too. I have fond memories of hiking to the top of Timp with my branch when I was at the Y -- there were a few tense moments but I loved it!