Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday's Adventures

Disclaimer: NO SEWING happened this Weekend.

Saturday's adventures actually started on Friday night with a sleepover. At about 9:00 at night I get a call from Kenna asking if she can have a sleepover with her cousins. I said, "Sure" thinking she wanted to spend the night at their house. Well, she told me that this time she wanted her cousins to spend the night at OUR house. I'm thinking after a busy week that it might be okay to have ONE cousin but somehow we ended up with all three of them, Malea, Riley, and Brooke.

They all watched a new movie I picked up called BOLT and then they went to bed just before midnight. I thought. . . not toooo bad. I can handle this.

Well, the fun started the next morning at about 9:00am. They were all hyped up and ready to make NOISE and then I get a call from Natalie asking if I could take care of her two kids and knowing that she needed to get away I said YES. I do love spending time with my grandchildren.

So, I spent my day trying to clean around kids, fixing meals (six hungry kids) and playing outside. Benjamin especially wanted to be outside running around. He's been kinda stir crazy. It's been a very long winter for Natalie and the kids. They enjoyed running around and drawing with chalk on the pavement while my husband and I did a bit of yard work.

We then headed to the park in our neighborhood at about 2pm. I sat in the car for a little bit and reread the ending of Book Eight of the Deltora Quest Series. (I would highly recommend this book) while the kids played. Ben really loves the slide. We played until 4:30pm when I decided to take them to the local ICEBERG for ice cream, french fries, and food for those that would eat it. Ben was in heaven and enjoyed his ice cream cone and french fries.

After ICEBERG we headed to Kohler's to pick up Ariel's prescription and I let the kid's pick out a treat. Of course, they were happy about that. If you know kid's you know they picked out GUM. I picked out SKITTLES for Ben. They chew just like GUM so he's always happy with Skittles.

By the time we got home from our errands it was after 6pm and my DH Mark was just getting home from golfing with our Son Mark. They had a great day golfing. DH Mark came with me to drop off cousins, get gas, and take Benjamin home. Benjamin DID NOT want to go home and started crying. NO go home. No MOM and DAD! It was funny that he wanted to stay with us. I'm glad he enjoys being with us. We have lots of fun together.

Here are some pictures from ICEBERG.









Mark and I then went to dinner and planned on coming up to watch a movie until we had to pick up Kenna. Our plans were changed when we got a call from Kenna telling us she had fallen off the trampoline and her arm REALLY hurt and after my long day of playing with kids and cleaning that was the last thing I wanted to do but I did it anyway. I even did it with a SMILE!

Here are pictures from the EMERGENCY ROOM. Kenna was really nervous but did a great job waiting for Doctor's and X-Rays! I'm happy to report that there are no broken bones just bruised and injured muscles and ligaments. She'll have a sore shoulder and arm for a few days. She's sporting a really cute blue sling too. Ice packs and rest are recommended for a couple days.

Here are some pictures from the ER . . .





Here's McKenna the morning after her little ordeal. She's feeling much better but it's still hurting so we have ice on it for now. The doctor said it would be pretty sore for a few days but that she will be back to normal soon.

13 comments:

Cindy said...

What would we do without our loving family - they do keep us busy - and I think we actually do love it.

It's all about memories.

Pat said...

My goodness...you had QUITE a weekend. I can certainly understand how NO sewing got done!

Barb said...

You must have a fun home for everyeon to want to be in it. Adorable grandkids....you are so lucky. You have been one busy lady...but I am sure you will get back to sewing next week, looking forward to what you create.

Deb said...

What a weekend you've had! Going to the emergency room with kids is definitely not something anyone looks forward to doing. Hope you get some stitching in at some point.

Susan said...

Sounds like a WILD weekend at your place! I hope this coming week is calmer and that your little one is feeling better soon.

Nedra said...

Mr. Cactus often tells me that having children is like trying to herd cats! And ours our older now, but it's still a challenge!

Kaye said...

Oh my goodness I got tired just reading about your weekend. I will be crazy busy week before Easter, 3 grandsons from NY, 1 from NJ will be here for a week. Katie and Brandon live with us so we will have 6 of our 10 Grandkids with us. Oldest is 16, youngest is 7 so we should have a fun and busy week. Will post pictures!! Your daughter is adoraBLE. How old is she?

Thimbleanna said...

Kenna's sandwich lips are hysterical! Sounds like you had a VERY busy weekend -- I'll bet you're exhausted! Get some rest!

Material Mary said...

What, no sewing..How can that be that life goes on and we don't get to play on our machines....
Mary

Di~ said...

Aww cam'on, couldn't you have at least done a little sewing on your day off?:)You are a good gramma, that's a lot to keep up with, I would have been exhausted!

Nanette Merrill said...

Holy Cow Kim. What a day! That is not a day "off" to me! Wow. Glad Kenna is okay. Looks like fun with the kids though.

Lori Holt said...

Hi Kim-
I can't believe that you didn't do some hand applique in the emergency room and also in the car while listening to the book on CD instead of reading it:)haha
I'm glad Kenna is ok, she is adorable and so are your grandkids!
Lori

Amanda said...

Kids love my house, too. My daughter and my granddaughter have been out on Spring Break. My house has been full of teenagers and Alexis ever since last Friday. It's been fun, though.

Your grandchildren are beautiful. I'm glad McKenna is okay.