Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shop Hop Day Two

Day Two: Thursday, June 27th

Today we headed South and went as far as Payson. We were all pretty tired from our 11 hour marathon the day before but we still managed to go to 10 shops. We only hit two shops on the "SHOP HOP" and the rest were on the "SCENIC BYWAY." I'm sad to say we didn't make it past Salt Lake but, I look forward to hearing about anyone else's trip. All in all we went to 21 quilt shops, four restaurants for lunch and dinner, and four gas stations for drinks, snacks and refills on ice and water.

Here are some more pictures of Day Two.

We started out at the Quilting Cottage in American Fork, Utah
This is one of the two closest quilt shops in our immediate area.

This is a picture of one of the areas in Quilting Cottage.

This is a picture of Me, Rae Ann, Susann, and Diana standing in the main fabric area
of American Quilting located in Orem, Utah. It's one of my personal favorite quilt shops and Amy (the owner) has been teaching a wonderful block of the month mystery quilt for 4 years now and we are starting the 5th year with an Americana themed Block of the Month. She designs the quilt and gives a portion of the quilt each month for a year. It's a lot of fun and has been very popular over the years. She told me the other day she's up to 300 people and has a waiting list. I'm not suprised. She's very talented and has some wonderful designs. I've also had the opportunity of teaching a few quilting classes for Amy over the years.

After American Quilting we went to Fabric Mill and JoAnn's both located in Orem, Utah but, I didn't take pictures of these two places, sorry! Then we headed over to Stitching Corner.

This is the inside of Stitching Corner in Orem, Utah

Quilt Theme: Goldie Locks and the Three Bears

This is a little shop in Provo, Utah. I know I'd never been there and had never heard of it but, we stopped anyway to have a look see and it was cute and worth the effort. They didn't have a lot of fabric like Quilts Etc. but they had a few things that the ladies bought and lots of cute decorations for your home or sewing room.

Here's a picture of their fabric room.

This is a picture of one of the rooms at the Corn Wagon located in Springville, Utah
This is one of my favorite shops but it's a bit out of the way for me, especially with the current cost of gas, so I don't get there as often as I would like to.

Corn Wagon Quilt Theme: Red Riding Hood

Corn Wagon had two different Red Riding Hood Quilts that were so beautiful. Marsha (the owner) was dressed up as the Grandmother.

This shop is located in downtown Spanish Fork, Utah. This was the first time I'd been to Cherry Tree Quilts. It was a cute shop but again, too far, to make it worth going too.
This is the inside of Cherry Tree Quilts.

Creekside Needlearts located in downtown Payson, Utah. This is a charming but small shop. The owner has recently retired and sold her inventory so the shop will be closing soon. SAD! This is the second trip out there for me.
This is the inside of the shop at Creekside. We did go across the street to Mortenson's Frame Shop where they also have a fair amount of fabric. The owner's wife quilts, teaches classes and does machine quilting out of their shop.

I hope you enjoyed the pictorial version of the Wasatch Front Quilt Shop Hop this year. I'm putting together the goodies for our mystery drawing and will take a picture of it for next week. I will also be taking pictures of my purchases for all to see. I didn't think about that until "Infinity Quilter" said, "So where are the pictures of all the things you bought?" I guess I should do that because that's part of the fun, isn't it?! I'll do that sometime today and get the pictures loaded up maybe later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all the fun comments and it's been fun visiting your blog sites. You are all an inspiration!!! Quilt On with Joy!!!

6 comments:

Pat said...

OMGosh I am moving to Utah. What beautiful shops you have. I would probably have to go to 4 or 5 states to see that many beautiful shops. Friends are the greatest!!!

Neil said...

Would loved to be in the car with you. You really did a job getting to all those shops. I don't know how you could possibly stay on a budget! Vicki

Jo-Anne said...

To think I lived in Utah county for almost 3 years and didn't know some of these quilt shops existed!
I feel so cheated now that I look at your pictures!! I will be stopping by each of them the next time i am in Utah!

Nanette Merrill said...

What is funny is that you went south and I went north. You got pics of the shops I didn't go to so now I feel better about the whole thing by living through you and your gal pals. Nice job. Looks like you had a good time. Me too. Tiring though isn't it.

angelacho said...

I love Pine Needles, too! My mom and I only went to 4 shops (had little kids with us and even that was pushing it LOL). We did Threads of Time in Centerville, Quilter's Haven in Bountiful, Pine Needles and Material Girls in West Jordan. Great Fun!

Jeanette said...

Oh I am so sad to hear about Creekside =0( I went for the first time during the fall shop hop and I even made their shop quilt. I was excited to go back this year and see what they had this time around. Dang it. But living in SLC it's one of those ones that I would only make it to once a year.