Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Countdown


17 Days and Counting until Halloween . . .

I made this Halloween Countdown Calendar many many years ago for my children when they were very young. Thinking back it's been about 17 years ago. Each year that I remember to bring it out of it's box a flood of memories come to mind. I remember all of the costumes I've made and the fun times we had trick or treating together. Those memories are still being made with my last child and my 2 grandchildren.

I'm going to keep myself busy during my (4 glorious days) Fall Break making costumes and other fun little projects that I'll be trying to get done this weekend and will post about them in a few days, hopefully! lol.

I just thought you might enjoy seeing this fun and unique countdown calendar and for those who are going to ask, I'm sorry that it's been soooo long that I wouldn't even know where to look for the pattern or who designed it. If anyone knows, feel free, to leave me a comment. Thanks.


You probably noticed that I'm missing just one little pumpkin in my pumpkin patch. I'm just happy I have as many as I have after all of these years. Also you may notice too that most of the cute pumpkin stems have fallen off and are missing. Oh well, it's still useful and I adore it anyway!



I hope everyone is enjoying the wonderful fall weather this weekend.

10 comments:

onlymehere said...

This is the best part of holidays I think...the old traditions and things that bring back so many memories. We have a Christmas game that I'm trying to alter to fit our missionary so he can play it with his companion! We didn't play it last year since he was gone but have every year for who knows how many years. Even the adults really get into it even though it should be for younger kids! Thanks for sharing your great idea for Halloween! We have a big Halloween dinner that goes along with a week of scripture searches and treats but we didn't do that last year either, too busy getting him ready to leave on his mission to spend money on it! It's called Witchalena. We'll do it in two years when he's home, lol!

Nedra said...

What a great idea, with fond memories. I'm sure the calendar is from your days of toll painting designs.

Mama Pea said...

Very cute!

Lori Holt said...

Have fun with your vacation time Kim...i hope you get LOTS done!
xx
lori

Shari said...

How absolutely gorgeous and so much fun - doesn't matter about it being 'used' and missing bits - what a wonderful memory keeper... sounds like you are having a lot of fun on your break!

Lynn said...

Love the calendar! Great job!

Liz said...

It's fabulous!

Material Mary said...

What a fun advent calendar!
Mary

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Ms. Bitty Bit! Are there little drawers behind the pumpkins?

Nanette Merrill said...

so so so cute Kim, what a lovely Halloween keepsake