Monday, October 18, 2010

Tini Treat Bags

Over the weekend I started the "Tini Treat Bags" that were designed by Monica Solorio-Snow from Happy Zombieland. You can find the pattern HERE.

I'm making these bags for some of my friends at work who have October birthdays and for some friends from church that I visit teach. I thought it would be fun to fill them up and spread some Halloween Cheer.

I've managed to cut out 12 bags and I've completed 5 bags with 7 bags to go. All 12 have been sewn together. I just have to sew the 4 corners and turn the bags right side out and then press them. It shouldn't take me more than an hour, I'm hoping anyway.

Finished Bag Size: 4" x 4" x 2"








This is another one of Monica's patterns that she did last year called "The Poochie Bag" and this is the LINK for the larger version. The smaller version (as seen in the picture above) is called "The Itty Bitty Poochie Bag" and you'll find it on the Moda Bakeshop HERE.

If you love bags here's a BAG that I designed for the Moda Bakeshop. It's big enough to hold a few charm packs or fat quarters and any other little goodies you may want to give to a friend for a birthday or special occasion. I love making, designing and giving little things to friends.

These are the 7 Tini Treat Bags that I have yet to complete.

After I finish the bags I will be starting on Kenna's Halloween Costume and working on the binding for my "Sneek Peak" quilt that I just picked up.

30 comments:

Diane said...

What a great way to use all that cute Halloween fabric out there!

Pat said...

Such cute bags. What size are they? (I can't really tell from the photos.)

carol fun said...

Simply adorable - each one is cuter than the next!

Leah said...

I love those little bags. I printed the pattern, and plan to make some out of the 75% off cotton Halloween fabrics I just bought. Yay for sales! and Yay for visiting teaching! :)

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Love the little bags, they are adorable.

Wendy said...

These are adorable!! I love your fabrics :) This bag is on my to-do list to get finished before Halloween for my daughters' pre-K and kindergarten classes .... we'll have to see if the to-do list gets it's check mark for completion :). Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring me to get to them!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Kim, your tiny bags are so precious!! And I love the other bag patterns that you posted about, as well. I printed out all 3 patterns for future reference. Wouldn't the little tiny bags be adorable in Christmas fabrics? Can't wait to try making some. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Betsy said...

so adorable Kim.

Unknown said...

Kim, I love the fabric you chose for them! Isn't that Monica just so talented? Love your bags!

Miriam said...

Really cute bags!! Thank you for the link.

Tudy said...

They are so cute.

Material Mary said...

Such spooky cute bags Kim. I love them.
Mary

Crystal Hendrix said...

SO CUTE! You can use this bag for every holiday season treat!

Mama Pea said...

Super cute. Thanks for sharing!

Mama Pea said...

I thought this was so cute, I reblogged and linked back to you. Hope that's okay! Thanks for the link. The fabrics are so awesome!

happy zombie said...

I'm dying, Kim!!! There is no better feeling than to discover that a rock-star of design, quilting, Diners Drive-ins & Dives devote and just EVERYTHING has made something from a pattern of yours. And look at all the darling ones you made, and your mouthwatering photography too!

No exaggeration... you have made my month! I heart you so much Kim - and thank you for all the lovin's!!! xoxom

Deb said...

Those are so cute. You could make them for all the holidays! Great idea!

Patty said...

Cute bags.

Nanette Merrill said...

Yours are sweet and cute. Size is deceiving. These look like they could be any size but they are teeny. I love that.

Karen said...

The treat bags would be so good for friends at Halloween. Full of candy and sewing goodies.

Candace said...

Really Really Cute! I'm sure your friends will love them.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely marvelous, Kim. I love them all !!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, they're all so cuuuttteee Kim! I love them! I also can't WAIT to see that sneak peek quilt!

Turid said...

These bags were cute. Thanks for the link!

Micki said...

They are just adorable! They would be so much fun to use!
Micki

Kathy said...

Kim, I just love the bags! What a great way to show someone how special they are to us.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

so adorable!! i love the polka dot fabric!!

DM said...

Ummm.....you can come visit teach me anytime you want. Just sayin'...!

Gmama Jane said...

I love all bags in general but itty bitty bags are so cute and fun. I wish I could make them myself but alas, I don't know how. Maybe I can learn from you or a tutorial.
Your bags are just divine!
GmamaJane
www.grandmamasstories.blogspot.com
Please come for a visit!

My Little Part of Heaven said...

These bags are so cute.
You chose lovely fabric/colors.
I am glad I found your blog.