I thought I would share my latest little gift I'm making for some of the girls in the office that have October Birthdays. Believe it or not there's three of them! I started making just four (one for me too) and then I thought, well, SO and SO would like one and of course, my quilting buddies would like one, and maybe I should make one for my sister and as you can see the list just kept growing. I think I'm up to 15 little pumpkins I'm making.
This is a quick and simple little gift you can make for anyone. You could even make it out of lots of different fabric to personalize it. I've seen these little tissue cuties in a lot of different places.
Have fun making these little pumpkins.
To start off you will need what you see in the picture above.
- 2 pieces pumpkin fabric cut @ 6" x 6 1/2"
- 2 pieces fall stripe cut @ 2 1/2" x 6" for binding
- 2 pieces green fabric cut @ 2 1/2" x 2 1/4" for leaf
- 1 piece batting cut @ 2 1/2" x 2 1/4" for leaf
- 1 piece brown ric rac cut @ 4" long for stem
- Fold striped binding in half lengthwise, press.
- Place pumpkin fabric with wrong sides together.
- Using a 1/4" seam sew striped binding on each side.
- Press binding so seams go outward.
- Fold binding over toward back of center fabric.
- Stitch in ditch making sure to catch underneath.
- Place green fabric with wrong sides together.
- Place batting in between the two green pieces.
- Use a pencil to draw a leaf, then sew on pencil line.
- Trim leaf just outside the line you've just sewn.
- Center 4" piece of brown rick rack and green leaf.
- Sew in place so it doesn't move.
- Fold outside edges toward the center.
- Pin in place, sew the short ends twice.
- Finish off the edges with a serger/zigzag stitch.
Thanks for showing us how to make these! They are on my "to do " list.
what a clever idea!
Wonderful idea. Many compliments
Oh my gosh! Those are adorable! Love the Pumpkins Gone Wild fabric! I am going to have to try those.
That's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. This is a must-do project! My VT ladies will be getting one of these! Thanks for the idea and instructions. :)
What great little gifts! So cute. You are a thoughtful friend to make that for them. Such a great project.
I have to tell you this is one of the cutest things alive--the little pumpkin tissue holders. Thanks for sharing. They are soooo cute.
Very, very cute Kim! Thanks for the tutorial!
Thanks for the tutorial! These are just adorable. :)
I love these!!! They are so adorable! I wish I had seen them before now. :)
Do you have a Christmas tissue holder idea? These are just too cute. Thanks for sharing.
me gusta todo lo que haces te tengo en faboritos,
gracias por esplicas tanbien las cosas,
besos de un catalana
Wonderful idea!! Thanks for the tutorial!
qué lindo trabajo, felicitciones por la creatividad!
Post a Comment