Monday, August 22, 2011

First & Last

It's hard for me to believe that it's the FIRST day of 7th grade for my LAST child and it's the LAST day of Summer before my FIRST day of School tomorrow.

Where we live the 7th graders have a day all to themselves before joining with the 8th and 9th graders on Wednesday. I think it's a great idea so they can all get started without the pressure of the older kids. They get to find their lockers, their classes and have lunch with their old friends and their new friends.

As you can see from the pictures Kenna is a bit nervous and anxious. I was happy that she went to sleep before midnight and seemed to keep it together. This morning she was pretty nervous but did a great job getting ready early and off to school on time.

She wanted me to hurry and take pictures before she left
but, I only got a few because she was so nervous.

It was sweet walking with her up our hill to the light by the corner.
I will miss walking into school each day holding her hand.
That thought made me cry inside.
I was staying strong myself!

She's my babe!

I stood at the corner watching her run off to school.
ALL by HERSELF!!!

Tears started welling up in my eyes. . .
but, I was felling extremely happy because. . .

This is a Monumental, BIG HUGE Step for Kenna!
Makes me PROUD!

Well, I'm headed downstairs to get in some sewing on my LAST DAY of SUMMER!!

By the way. . .
Where did all the time go?????

11 comments:

Jan said...

She's so darling, how exciting for you. It's such a big step toward independence.

Candice said...

I cried this morning too, praying so hard all day!!- hope your last day is great!

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, she's adorable Kim! I hope you both have a wonderful school year!

Laurie said...

Kind of a bittersweet day Kim, Kenna has blossomed into a beautiful confident young lady, I'm sure you receive some thanks for that! Enjoy your last day.

Polly said...

I'm so with you on that! I go back to school (work) next Monday...sigh...where did summer go?

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

How sweet, my heart truly relates on this matter, I have two little ones headed off to school this year. I still have a baby at home but it goes so quickly. You daughter is beautiful and wow, yours went back to school EARLY this year! Ours don't start until next week.

Lori Holt said...

Hi Kim...
Kenna looks just adorable and ready for her first day of 7th grade...wow...i agree....where did the time go?
Kass starts on Thursday:)
xx
lori

Ellen said...

I know how you feel. I sent my baby to Grad School in New York City. I went thru the separation each step of the way of her getting there. Your daughter is beatiful!! Tears welling up for all us moms!

Lisa said...

I know just how you feel but mine is even more magnified! My husband and I spent last weekend dropping our only child off at college for her freshman year. I've been blessed to be able to home school her since 2nd grade so this is going to be a huge transition for us! My heart goes out to you!!

Annie S. said...

Your sweet daughter is gorgeous, Kim! My heart goes out to you for this day -- the one we all have a difficult time with.
Fun talking with you today, my friend!

Kimberly said...

What a sweet post! I know how you feel... my youngest started grade 7too and I can hardly believe it!