Monday, March 15, 2010

Crochet Along-Firm Foundation

This weeks tutorial is titled a "Firm Foundation" and it's been so fun following the Crochet Along on You Go Girl's blog. Cassie has done a great job keeping us all motivated and her instructions and pictures are fun and easy to follow. The pillowcases made up so quickly that I even managed to make 5 pillowcases this past week.

Cassie put up the newest tutorial today and this afternoon when I came home from work I sewed the blanket stitch around one of the five pillowcases. I should be able to blanket stitch the other pillowcases this week in preparation for next week's tutorial.

Here's a picture of the stitching I did on one of the two green floral pillowcases. The fabric is from the Oz Collection by Sanae for Moda and I used Aunt Lydia's (size 3) cotton crochet thread in Scarlett Red #0006.


The picture below shows the three fabrics I picked for my pillowcases along with the crochet thread that I picked to do the crocheting. The pink thread color is called Warm Rose #0775 and the DMC Sensa color is #N1010.


You can click on the Crochet Along Button on my sidebar and it will take you right there.

Go Check it out if you want to crochet along with the rest of us. . .

6 comments:

Jennwith4 said...

Isn't that blue patterned fabric from the Whimsy collection by Pillow and Maxfield?

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Ms. Bitty Bit! I've been so obsessed with getting the kids quilt done that I'm behind on my pillowcases - must get with the program!

Nedra said...

I'm excited to see all your lovely crocheted items coming up. Best of luck with your pillowcases. Love the fabrics you have chosen.

Patty's Stitches said...

This is so much fun. I found Cassie's tutorial through your blog. I have a link to your blog on mine :)
I saw the pillowcases on rose hip and was dying to learn how to make them. The photos she has on there are marvelous. I was soooo very glad that Cassie decided to do a tutorial. This is way too much fun!
Blessings,
Patty

Kim D. said...

Hi Kim, your pillowcase is wonderful and looks like your coming along on the crocheting nicely. Can't wait to see them all finished. Isn't Cassie's blog great?? She is so delightful and fun.

Iraildes said...

Oi,
Amei seu blog
Tuuudooo LINDO
abracos