Thursday, April 23, 2009

More Quilt Festival Pics

I just had to make the time to take more pictures of my 1st Annual Blogger's Quilt Festival Quilt because it deserves to have better pictures. You can connect to the 571+ quilts HERE at Amy's blog. Thanks Amy for sponsoring this wonderful event and to all those that participated. All the quilts I've seen thus far are wonderful! You won't regret taking the time to have a look see!!

If you click on the pictures throughout my post it will bring up the mega-sized version of each picture and then you'll be able to see more detail in the machine quilting.




This is the oldest known home in Highland and resides in our Highland City Park near my home. I thought this would be a nice spot to take pictures on my Civil War Reproduction Quilt.

Here's a closeup of the Marker.





I loved this little fence across the street from the park and as I was getting in my car I saw it and thought this would be another great place for a picture.

I played around with photoshop elements to give this picture a more antique look and then I added one of my favorite thoughts.

Here's the simple label I made for it.

I marked the blocks for those who've been trying to figure it out. I hope this helps.

18 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Awesome Kim! I love your photo location -- just perfect for your quilt. Beautiful pictures!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't get over to the quilt festival today to look at more pics - can't believe it is that many on there now, I think I am up to #400.

your quilt is great.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nedra said...

Once again, I love your quilts! This is one I would make too! I always love quilts with a muslin looking background. For some reason they seem to showcase the other fabrics so well. Tell us the pattern and the book it came from.

Kaye said...

Your quilt is beautiful and you displayed it so nicely.

Sherri said...

I'm so glad you posted all of these pictures...what an amazing quilt...and what a perfect place to take the photos!

Amy Sorensen said...

Your quilt really is gorgeous! I love it. Looking at the quilting close up makes its beauty even more obvious! I've not ever been to that park in Highland but I think I will have to go. It looks like a great place for taking all sorts of photos! I do have to be snarky, though, and wonder: does the Utah Historical Society really not know that the "In" in "Oldest Known Home in Highland" should NOT be capitalized?

OK, off my Capitalization High Horse now... ;)

Unknown said...

That is absolutely gorgeous !

Carol said...

Kim what a perfect spot for taking pictures of that beautiful quilt.

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Beautiful quilt!
I'm always inspired by blogging quilters and the wonderful talent out there! You are one of those ladies that inspire me to keep trying new things and not to be intimidated by the whole process of making a quilt.

Lori Holt said...

Hi kim! Thanks for the detailed photos of your quilt. It's beautiful. I have huge collection of civil war fat quarters. I've been collecting ever since they started making them. I love to make Civil War quilts and I'm also in a Dear Jane group. Your "OLD" photo is fabulous! What a great setting for a photoshoot:) How old is the home and who built it?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Great pictures and awesome looking quilt!

Deb said...

Beautiful pictures - a perfect setting - a an even more beautiful quilt!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your quilt - the pattern, the fabrics you chose, and the machine quilting. They all work so very well together!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love shooting pictures of my quilts outside. I need a barn or a historic place by my home. I would shoot all of my quilts pictures there!

Thanks for taking it on a photo shoot! It's beautiful!

wyndesnow said...

It is such a beautiful quilt. I would be one of those trying to figure out the blocks.

Nanette Merrill said...

Really love that quilt.

Karen said...

What a beautiful quilt. Thanks for showing us how the blocks break down!

bingo~bonnie said...

What a Beautiful Quilt Kim!!! and all of the photos you took really show it off well - B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

and I felt you were talking just to me as on your last photo you read my mind! I was wondering! ;) LOL I would have never guessed...

Here I thought the blocks (grandmother's album pattern it looks like) were all set on point and that the sashings had the blue stars in them...? but wrong ;) Thanks for sharing the pic for curious people like me ;)

Have a Happy Weekend & Love from Texas! ~bonnie