Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Swell" Spring Table Runner

I just couldn't resist this grouping of fabric and decided to make a table runner for the Easter Holiday and Spring. The fabric line I used for my table runner is "Swell" by Urban Chics by Moda. I used Sixty 5" squares from two charm packs and some yardage for the back of the runner and the two larger fabric pieces at both ends. It measures over 105 inches in length and is 20 inches wide, that's 4 rows of 15 blocks. I also used a wide green rick rack to finish it off. I was going to use a traditional binding but because I only had a day to make it I just sewed up the edges and turned it right side out and used a curvy wavy stitch to machine quilt it. I think I'll have to make one for the 4th of July. There are some really cute patriotic charm packs out right now.

Here it is pictured on my dining room table but, I actually used it on my kitchen island where I served a buffet dinner for my family. We had about 33 people come for dinner. We had our children, their children, my dad and all of my siblings with their children and my brother-in-law along with his wife and their 3 kids too. Our family is sure getting bigger. Luckily we have a big enough house to hold all of them without too much trouble. We just haven't figured out how to keep all of the kids downstairs to maintain the noise level. LOL!

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

That is super cute. Your crowd sounds like my own crowd to feed.

bingo~bonnie said...

all of your seasonal table runners are all so cute - but i had to comment on this one - THAT easter basket combo was the prettiest easter basket Longaberger EVER made!!! the size is perfect too.. I bought the larger one for my friends 1st child's 1st easter... that was around 2000 I think?

I haven't been to a LB party in years.. and I have 3 kids now.. but if I could find this "make and model" that is the one I'd buy for my kids to use every year... I've looked on eBay.. and all of the other years and colors are YUCK.

lucky you to have a bretty easter basket on yoru pretty table. ;)