Friday, August 20, 2010

The Quilted Forest

Saturday morning while the girl's were still sleeping in the hotel and before the Family Reunion in the afternoon my husband and I snuck off to visit The Quilted Forest located in downtown Salem, Oregon.


The Quilted Forest was chosen in 2007 as one of the
Top 20 Quilt Shops in the United States & Canada.


They're also celebrating their 110th year anniversary.


Don't you love the Singer Featherweight in the store window?


We only had a small window of time so I rushed in and started looking around. This antique cash register was the first thing I saw.


I saw great quilts hanging all around me. . .




Here you get a feel for the shop as
you look down the aisle to the cutting area.


Here's the great book & pattern section. . .


Have a look at all of the great Kaffe Fabrics,
I thought of Nedra when I saw them.



Here's what I purchased. . .


These are two Kaffe's that I liked.


These are for Kenna.


I saw these cute scissors as we were leaving the store.


More to come. . .

13 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

What a terrific store! I love visiting quilt stores on vacation; I'm lucky my husband enjoys it too. Is that a shop poodle I see in one of the pictures? 8) Can't beat that! I love that Quilt Sampler magazine. We were in one of the stores they featured a few years ago in Breckenridge, Co. That was a very nice place too. All the stores they feature look like fun places to visit.

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

Unknown said...

What a terrific and inspirational store!! Kind of like a quilt show that runs all year long.

Pat said...

Looks like a fun time and I really like what you purchased. It is always hard to narrow down choices when there is only a limited time to be in a shop, isn't it? LOL

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a great quilt shop! Your hubby was a sweetie to go with you. My hubby would do that too :-)

onlymehere said...

This is an adorable shop and those scissors would draw you right in wouldn't they! The love "authentic" fabric you bought!
Cindy

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Kim! It looks like you had a wonderful trip. Quilt shops are a must when we quilters travel, aren't they? I love your purchases -- especially that cute print with the scissors on it!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I bet you thought you had died and gone to heaven in that shop! I follow them online and they have the best stuff. Love your Kaffe fabric and your other purchases. I know you had fun! Love & blessings from NC!

Material Mary said...

Boy that looks like a great quilt store. When I get to Oregon, I will have to check that out!!
Mary

Patty said...

looks like a really cool shop. Love you fabric choices.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I think you had great self control in that store Kim! I'm afraid I would have need a truck to haul things home.

Shari said...

I love it when a quilt shop is like a quilt show... so inspiring...

Cassie@You Go Girl said...

Oh, boo hoo for me, Kim. I was in Salem, Oregon a few weeks ago and had no idea such a gem was right under my nose!! I will be alright though because I was smitten with an amazing fabric store in Cannon Beach, Oregon during my travels. But I really could have done both, no? Next time...

Thanks for sharing.

Take care,
Cassie

Material Girls said...

I grew up in Oregon and miss it when I see these posts!! I have always wanted to go to this shop...., someday! Maybe its time to take a trip home! Have a great time:)
Nadine