Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oregon Trip-Day 1: Twin Falls

We're Back!! YEAH!! We got back late last night after 14 hours on the road. Tired. Very Tired. Happy to sleep in my own bed. Over the next few days I will be taking you along on our journeys. Hope you enjoy it.

We started our trip on a Thursday morning heading north toward Idaho. We made our first pit stop in Twin Falls to fill up the car and get a quick snack. We drove over the bridge into Twin Falls and saw this beautiful view of the Valley. It is so stunningly beautiful and as we were leaving I was excited to see a way to pull off the road by the side of the bridge. We were able to get out of the car to have a look.

See this beautiful view of the Snake River Gorge in Twin Falls? You can actually see one of the water falls in the distance in the upper middle of the picture. Click on the picture if you want a closer look.


This is the Ira Burton Perrine Bridge that we drove over going into Twin Falls, Idaho. It spans the Snake River on Hwy 84 going into town. Click on Ira's name to learn more about him.


My son loves to golf so I took this picture of the golf course in the valley below. Isn't it gorgeous?


Mark and Kenna coming down the stairs from the freeway toward the viewing area located below the bridge. You will see the waterfall and golf course off in the distance.


We were told that this is the spot where Evel Knievel jumped the Snake River. He shot off in a rocket from the left side to the right side in the picture seen below. I linked to the information above if you click on Evel's name.


Climbing back up the stairs.


Mark and I with a gorgeous view behind us.


Kenna running to the car so we can get back on the road.


FYI: During our trip I made it to 2 quilt shops and 1 Fabric store.

More pictures and adventures to come...

7 comments:

Jana said...

Funny you posting this right now! I am heading to Boise this weekend and my friend was telling me about this bridge in Twin Falls. Glad to see some pics of where I will be stopping soon!

Stellinha said...

That spectacular view!!!
I love traveling with family!
:o)

Jocelyn said...

Wow fabulous pictures! And a good trip always includes a quilt shop or two :-)

Mrs Quilty said...

Very fun pics! love the pics of the river and the bridge! Glad to hear you got to some quilt stores--most important part of the trip! haha Keep sharing~!

Pat said...

WHAT A VIEW!!!! I've never been to that part of the country, so I'll look forward to seeing it through your photos!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What beautiful pictures. I have never been to that state. I'm like you, I always love to visit quilt shops when I am traveling. Glad you had a great trip. Love & blessings from NC!

Mama Pea said...

Isn't that an amazing sight? I used to drive from Pocatello to Twin Falls every week to teach classes. Had to drive over that bridge all the time. The view never got old!