Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oregon Trip- Day 1: Westside Drive-In

Before we left on our trip we decided that it would be fun to visit at least one restaurant that Guy Fieri has featured on his show "Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives" so I looked up the website and looked for places in Boise Idaho since that would be a good stopping spot for lunch. We arrived around 2pm after a bit of a drive through town to find it but it was definitely worth the effort to eat there.

The Drive-In. . .


The Menu. . .


The Decisions. . .


What should we try? . . .


Waiting for the food. . .


The Food arrives. . . YUM!



My husband tried the Meatloaf dinner. . .
and he LOVED it!



Ariel got the Cajun Chicken Sandwich.


I thought we'd try something Westside Drive-in is known for. . .

Any Guesses?

They are . . .

FINGER STEAKS!

I also got a side of Shrimp to go with it.
Yum-Yummy-Yum!


Kenna was happy with her Corn Dog and Curly Fries.


This is another specialty of the Chef. . .

It's their Famous Idaho Baked Potato made out of Ice Cream.
It looked so realistic, too!


Kenna with the Car Hop Waitress.


Cute Pinwheel.


Flowers around the eating area.


Painted Mural on the side of the building with Guy's Picture.


This is Guy Fieri's Stamp on the Refrigerator Door.


If you ever pass by Boise, Idaho make sure and stop in at Westside Drive-In. You won't regret the experience. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

Here's the video clip from Diner's, Drive-in's and Dives. . .

11 comments:

Micki said...

Looks like a fun trip and the food looks yummy!
Micki

Susan said...

Yum, yum, YUM! I love DD&D and it looks like Guy didn't steer you wrong...the food looks wonderful!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Sounds so good right now and you just inspired me! I'm going to make finger steaks for dinner! I haven't made them in a while and they sound so good!!!

Carin said...

That place is SO on my list of places to go!

Gene Black said...

That food certainly LOOKS tasty!

Mrs Quilty said...

Traveling and trying new foods is so fun!! Nice pics! Looks yummy for sure~

Pat said...

What a FUN stop to make on your trip!!! The food does look very good, too.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a great idea!! Your food looked wonderful. I know you were glad you tried it. Love & blessings from NC!

Renegade Quilter said...

I LOVE that place - they have great food. Whenever I travel I try & find a DDD spot - so far I have hit Nashville, Vegas, Boise, Seattle & Mephis.

happy zombie said...

OMG... My son and hubby want to go to Boise JUST for the places we've seen on Triple D! We talk about going ALL. THE. TIME. Following our gastrospiritual leader to all the places he's been in Boise. And top of the list is the Westside! Your photos make me want to lick my monitor. Ooops. I just did.

Happy Oregon Trail-ing!

Annieofbluegables said...

Kim, I can't believe how much you look like me! Whenever I see your picture, I am surprised and do a double take.
I love your wonderful pictures. Those shrimp look divine.
xoxo
~a