Thursday, August 5, 2010

Playing...

It's been a Summer of FUN. . . and yesterday we played at the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum in Salt Lake City. As you can see from the pictures. . .we had a BLAST!!!!

The Home Owners with Contractor

The Tool Guy

The Construction Worker

The Chef Girl

The Bakers

The Mother

The Farmer

The Grocery Shopper

The Horse Girl

The Crazy Drivers! lol.

The Rock Climbers

The Helicopter Pilots. . .

. . .Ready to Save Lives!

The Passengers

The kids each had their favorite part of the museum. Ben loved the construction area and grocery store. Kora loved the house and farm area with all of the riding toys. Kenna and her friend loved the media center, the farm, and the grocery store.

If you live in the state and haven't been to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum you MUST go for a visit but take the grandkids, your own kids, or neighbor kids. Plan on spending a few hours there but know that it gets much busier after lunch time. You can take a lunch and eat on the terrace or head on over to the Gateway Eatery. The Gateway Mall has several other restaurants in walking distance too. Your wristband gets you in and out of the Museum to break for lunch, go shopping, see a movie, and go back to explore some more.

7 comments:

Jana said...

Looks like a very fun day! This is different than the old children's museum, I assume? Will have to find it and take the grandbabies! Thanks for posting this!

onlymehere said...

I haven't been there since it moved to the Gateway but my kids loved it at it's old location. When my grandkids are bigger you can bet we'll go back! I've heard it's fantastic with all the new additions!

Rhonda said...

Great pictures. What a great getaway for parents and kids. I'll have to mention this to my family as a vacation spot.

Nedra said...

I used to take my kids to the children's museum, but this looks much nicer.

Thimbleanna said...

I was just thinking about you and wondering where you've been! Glad to see you've been having a great summer!

Cindy said...

And I bet Mom/Grandmom had fun too!!!

Rae Ann said...

Looks like you had a wonderful outing. The grandkids are sure getting big! How fun!!!