Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family Reunion

What a blast we had joining with our dear family and enjoying the afternoon with great food, great company, and lots of wonderful pictures and memories to take home with us.

My kids have never met most of my husband's extended family on his mother's side of the family so, it was especially wonderful for them to visit and get to know their aunts, uncles, and cousins. We were also lucky to have my mother-in-law Carole, my brother-in-law Mike, and my husband's cousin Kim and her husband Gary at the reunion. They all drove up from Northern California.

Warning: We are going to be picture heavy in this post and I will keep the reading to a minimum.

The Family Group Picture...

Silly Version...

Another Silly One...

The Cousins...




Uncle Mike
(husband's brother)

Uncle Dan
(husband's mother's brother)

Arriving at Uncle Dan and Pat's house...

Cousins
Uncle Bill
(husband's mother's youngest brother)

Grandma Carole

(husband's mother on the right)

Visiting and enjoying the view of the river.

Reunion Location... Front of House...
Back of House...

Aunt Pat's beautiful Gardens.



The men visiting and cooking.


Chatting by the River.
..How cool is that?

The following are some of my favorite pictures that I took...



:-) Kenna took this one of me...

My very most favorite picture of Kenna and her Dad.


Don't you just love Chandler's expression?
I had to convince him to let me take his picture.


Building a little Dam in the River to create a small pool.



It wouldn't be a Successful Reunion
without a Marshmallow Roast, now would it?


Oh... before I end. Here's a silly video that I couldn't resist taking. No one knew that my fancy camera also took video. It was fun to see everyone in action and no one was the wiser. lol. Therefore it was painless and totally off the cuff.

If you got to this point in my post I want to thank you for hanging in there.

I hope you enjoyed it...

I know we did!! :-)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos of your family! Thank you for sharing your reunion. What a cute video!

Pat said...

What fun...families that get to have reunions are so lucky. I've not had a family that stayed in touch enough to do that.....and it often makes me feel bad. Most of the older ones are gone now, too. Thanks for sharing this...I really enjoyed it!

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

That looks like it was loads of fun. The home is gorgeous and the view of the river is excellent, Where were you by the way? It made me smile to see your family together having fun. We live a long ways away from my family so my children didnt get to know their relatives.

Rae Ann said...

Looks like a fun time had by all! How wonderful that you were all able to be together.

Thimbleanna said...

Love the video Kim -- Looks like everyone had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, the end of summer and the highlight of your summer. Here all is quiet, as tomorrow is the FIRST day of school.

What river?

Diane said...

What a wonderful time! I loved all the pictures, and the one of you that McKenna took is fabulous.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

If you are happy and you know it.... What a wonderful family reunion you had. I loved seeing all the pictures and watching the video. And you had so much fun on your way out to the reunion. Your family has had a great vacation. Love & blessings from NC!

Kaye said...

It was great sharing your trip and reunion. My husband's family has one every July in NY and we look forward to it. Missed this year because of his surgery but definately will be there next one. My nephew is getting married in Virginia in Sept so it will be my family reunion. Can't wait, and will take lots of pictures

Nanette Merrill said...

aw fun, sorta like my last week vacation

Anni said...

OH!!!! y son poquitos!!!!me contenta saber que tiene una familia muy muy grande y que comparten es muy bonito ...felicitaciones