Saturday, August 7, 2010

Busy Saturday

Saturday started off with a soccer game this morning at 9am and then I went over to our city's annual parade at 10am. It lasts all day with music, games, food, and activities. The celebration will end at 10pm with fireworks.

I couldn't resist showing you this darling picture that I took this morning at the soccer game. I got there a little late and as he was running past. . . he noticed me, flashed me a big grin, and shouted with sweet enthusiasm. . . "Hi, Grammi!" I can tell you. . . it melted my heart!!! He's really having a great time playing soccer.


Later in the day I went to a baby shower. This is what I made to take with me to the baby shower.

Yesterday, I made this nursing cover using some of Sandi Henderson's new fabric collection called Meadow Sweet 2. I tried out the Nursing Cover Tutorial over at Diary of a Quilter. Amy is a dear quilting friend that I met several years ago now at American Quilting. She's also a darling person and it's so fun to know her in person. Go check out her blog. You will enjoy it.


I also made a Diaper Clutch using another one of Amy's great tutorials. You can find the tutorial HERE.


Of course, if you go to the effort of making a baby gift you may feel kinda obligated to make a handmade card to go with it. I know I do, so this is what I threw together using a cute stamp set and some coordinating paper. I think it turned out cute for 5-10 minutes of effort. It doesn't hurt to stamp the envelope too. Just for good measure.


Here's a cute polka dot bag I had on hand with an aqua organza ribbon. Aqua is one of my newer favorite colors. The gift is now ready for taking to the baby shower.

10 comments:

CJ said...

Lovely baby shower gifts!! BTW - that is Sandi Henderson's fabric and not Anna Griffin's ;)
Where were those nursing covers when I was nursing my children oh so many years ago???

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Thanks for the info on the blog, Diary of a Quilter. I loved the items you made and her tutorials are great! I love to make things like that for baby gifts too. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a fun and productive day Kim. And cute picture of your little sweetie!

Kim Walus said...

Thanks CJ for catching that. I already made the correction in my post. The fabric line is called Meadowsweet 2 by Sandi Henderson

quiltingnana said...

the new mother will certainly like those baby gifts....great blog today

Mrs Quilty said...

Also love that pic of your grandson! I love that he calls you grammi!!!!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute and double C.U.T.E.!! I love gifts like that and I especially like making them,as well as cards too! Kim I stop by often and "lurk", occasionally comment but ALWAYS enjoy your creativity. Thanks for all the inspiration. I have 4 grandbabies and another on the way, hummm I think I will be making that nursing cover and clutch soon. :) BTW I also frequent Amy's blog as well, another very talented gal!

Susan In Texas said...

Your grandson is adorable; he'll go far with that 10,000 watt smile. 8)

Your baby shower gifts are amazing. You're really raising the bar for people like me who just go down to Baby's R Us and get something off the registry, find an appropriate card, decorative paper sack (purchased) and call themselves ready to go. lol I bow before you most humbly!

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

amy smart said...

Aww, thanks for the shout out Kim! Your nursing cover and clutch are so adorable!!

Nanette Merrill said...

He is a delight. A real sweetheart. What a great gift.