Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wiped Out!

I'm totally wiped out (no pictures of me cause it might shock you). I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to manage much of anything until the weekend. It's been a rough few days at school with the little guy I shadow in 2nd grade. Everyday I come home exhausted from his multiple tantrums. I've lost my gumption to sew but I haven't lost my desire so that's the frustrating part. I have DESIRE but not the ENERGY!!! Please be patient with me and I'll try to get something posted in the next few days. I'll have to post a lot and then post date them so they come up during the week when I'm exhausted. Thanks for your understanding! Have fun sewing because I love being a part of it!!! It's kinda like reading a great book! You feel part of the story and that's how I feel about your sewing. I feel like I'm sewing right along with you and it's a lot of fun! So keep it up!

Just a little peekie at one of my projects . . .

12 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

Oh, that is so frustrating. It's hard for the little kiddos to get back in the swing of things...I am sorry your little guy is struggling.
I can't wait to see how your project turns out!!
Hang in there!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Come On! I Want to see the rest of that fab looking project!!! Hurry!!!

Just kidding. (Well, not about wanting to see it.) I hope you get some rest. Your adoring minions will still be here when you're ready!

Laurie said...

I understand your exhaustion, my sister is a pre-school teacher, and deals with not only children without disabilities, but also autistic. My heart and prayers go out to you and all in the teaching profession. My hats off to you for all you do, I hope to see you feeling peppy soon!
Laurie

Nedra said...

What is going on in the water in Alpine? Nanette is feeling somewhat the same way.
I think there is a big star in heaven for people like you who work with disabled children. Your work is much more important than the number of blogs produced. Just do what you feel you can, and let the rest go.
I said this to Nanette too: Even the Savior needed to separate himself from the crowd and spend some time alone in the desert to reflect and ponder.

Betsy said...

you more thing. As you get to know him better you will be able to develope strategies for him not to do his tantrums.
Your little peek at a project looks very colorful.

Di~ said...

Kim:I've got to hand it to you, I wouldn't be able to do that job! Hang in there, but don't get burned out. I'm intrigued by the stitching going accross the rick rack???Very Cute. Take Care

Material Mary said...

Kim, I'm very intrigued by this way cute peek. Rest up this weekend and fill your well. Kids are just plain hard some days and it is wearing. It is always darkest before the storm....
Mary

CJ said...

Hang in there! Ya know we will be here when you get around to blogging and sewing again. I'll bet that child's parents are so appreciative.
LOVE how you sewed the ric rack on this project! I can't wait to see what it is.

Amanda said...

Bless your heart. {{Hugs}}

Everyone else has said what I would say, so take their advice and please don't feel obligated to blog. We'll be here when things settle down a little bit.

I can't wait to see what you're sewing in your sneak peek!

Take care!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Kim I'm so "there" with you. I know how you feel. Lots going on with me too. I want to know how you did the rick rack thing - looks very valentiney. Can't wait to see more.

kcenya1950 said...

can't wait to see more of it. Love the rick rack.

Tudy said...

I love the look of the way you sewed the rick rack on. How did you do that? If you would like to share the way I would love to know how.

Nice blog.