Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Little Bit of Inspiration

This past Tuesday night was our quilt group. We always have show and tell and it's always inspirational. I thought I'd share some of the quilts that inspired me. I'm sorry about all of the heads as I was in the back row and couldn't avoid them. If you want to see the first half of the show and tell you can go to Nanette's blog at Freda's Hive (I was a few minutes late).

This had to be one of my favorites that night.

Pinwheel Quilt

I'm pretty sure this is a Buggy Barn Pattern too. Love the flags!!!

Look at this awesome binding. I love how it's been notched and the corners cut at an angle. Great Job Sharon. This is a buggy barn pattern.

Love the rich colors.

According to Paula she started this quilt nearly 20 years ago.

Love the crows and the TURKEY!

Click on the picture to see this darling I Spy Quilt.
It has realistic magnifying glasses.
They were made with a gold bias tape.

Look at that unique border fabric.
I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Really Gorgeous Log Cabin Quilt by Gail.

I love this scrappy quilt.

This Americana Quilt is just beautiful.
I'm sorry I didn't catch who designed it.
I'd like to know too if anyone knows.

This is a beautiful applique quilt.

The quilt on the left is the wall hanging that goes with the quilt.
Helen is a fantastic quilter and machine quilts on her Bernina.

I love this bright and happy floral applique quilt.

Chocolate Bunnies

American Jane Pattern

32 comments:

flora said...

Thanks for making us look so good. You and Nanette are wonderful!

Judi said...

Beautiful quilts! I loved the notched binding, incredible! I will have to try that sometime.

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing Kim, I had several favorites, what inspiration!

Thimbleanna said...

Well, I was a bit jealous that you have so much quilt inspiration at your fingertips, but I REALLY jealous that you and Nanette are in the same guild!

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilts!

martameiga said...

All beautiful... but I am really impressed with the first one, the valentine quilt.... it is impressive!
love

marta

Vicki ♥ said...

Wow.....what great inspiration!! If you are inspired after seeing all of those there is something wrong.

Diana Napier said...

You quilt with a very talented group.

Mel said...

Thanks for sharing with us! Beautiful quilts!!

antique quilter said...

that amercana quilt was designed by the Blackbird ladies, alma allen and barb adams.
I have the book will look it up for you later.
Kathie

Material Mary said...

What a show and share night!! The notched quilt border, the gorgeous applique's and piecing...this guild has some pretty serious artists and I loved your sharing this!!!
Mary

Judy said...

Beautiful quilts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful, beautiful quilts. I love the valentine quilt I have seen it and know some ladies working on it, I do not want to make it myself but it is pretty.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nedra said...

Thanks for sharing the rest of That Alpine Group. Nanette mentioned it would be on your blog and I've been excited to see! I actually was in town for one night and it was Tuesday! But we had another commitment so I couldn't come.
I have made the Americana quilt you asked about. It's from the book "Women Of Grace And Charm" by Barb Adams and Alma Allen. I think Judi might have the book.

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing. It is wonderful to see the beautiful work that people are doing everywhere!

Material Mary said...

Kim,
I've awarded you with the Kreative Blog award because I love your blog!! Go to my blog for instructions.
Mary

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

i think my favorites would be the Americana and the Log Cabin... although they are all great!
that's quite a group of talented quilters!

Sherri said...

What GORGEOUS quilts...I love the first one best, though! Thanks so much for sharing...I live in a small town and don't get to see too many trunk shows!

Anina said...

So much inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing the show and tell! There's lot of talent among that group.

Sandy said...

Beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing the quilt show. Very hard to pick a favorite ~ love them all.

Kristin said...

Love the show and tell! I almost feel like I was at the meeting. I can't wait for my guild meeting next week now.

Pat said...

WOW...what a group you have there! I loved every single quilt you showed us. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy said...

Like having our own quilt show right at our fingertips. Thank you so much for sharing such beautiful art. I have pushed "rewind" (LOL)several times. Just love others' pieces.

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm glad you got these up. Your pics are great. Thanks!

Michelle said...

Great! Thanks for the eye candy...and I love Jan Brett!

Pretty Things said...

The Eye-Spy quilt was terrific!!!

Thearica said...

Great trunk show! I think my favorite has to be the Halloween Houses w/ Flags... :-)

LOTS of inspiring quilts!

Kim said...

Ah! The photo of the Vintage Valentine quilt reminded me that's one I've gotten the patterns for, collected fabrics for, and . . . well, I'm sure you can guess the rest. Yeah, there really ISN'T any "rest." Just a big SOMEDAY! LOL!

Kathy said...

Wow -- what inspiration and a talented group of quilters! I enjoyed the show.

whimzeestitches said...

Great inspirations - so much talent and so much eye candy to enjoy in those beautiful creations. Thanks for sharing.

Alissa said...

Wow, what a talented group. Every one of those quilts is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing.