Thursday, July 3, 2008

Red, White, & Blue Quilts

Happy Independence Day!!!






This first picture is one taken July 4th in 2007. It's me with 3 of my 4 children and my SIL Nick. Baby Ben was sleeping in the stroller. Notice the quilt we're sitting on. It's the Buggy Barn Heart Quilt that was originally done in Red, Black, and Gold. I think the Red, White, and Blue is a FUN combination and makes this quilt so much brighter than the original.

In this post I've included some of the other 4th of July Quilts I've made over the years. I'm not sure which fabrics I have the most of but Red, White, and Blue, are right up there with Christmas, Halloween, Valentines, Spring, Civil War, Shirtings, Aunt Grace, Brights, Novelties, and Fall Fabric.

This is the most recently completed 4th of July Quilt although I haven't done the binding yet, maybe I ought'a do that today so I can use it at the neighborhood parade and breakfast tomorrow. I will also post pictures of our Neighborhood 4th of July Celebration tomorrow.
It should be lots of FUN!! I know the kids look forward to it every year!!!

I made this quilt like maybe 7-8 years ago and my daughter Natalie is now the proud owner of this Patriotic Quilt. It was one of her favorites at the time.

I used the leftover blocks and made this table runner to go with the quilt above.

This Patriotic Star wall hanging I made using the freezer paper method that we've been recently using to make our Dear Jane Blocks. I really enjoyed making this quilt.

4 comments:

Di~ said...

Kim! I'm loving your red, white and blue quilts! I've only ever done a patriotic wall quilt and it's NOT done. Thanks for showing them. I'd love to make the Buggy Barn one and the big stars wall quilt!

Rhonda said...

oh, love all of your patriotic quilts! Happy 4th of July!

Jo-Anne said...

Adorable quilts! I really like the star one.

I have a shamefully FULL large bin of patriotic fabric. (I know...I have a hoarding problem...)
:):):)

Nanette Merrill said...

Great quilts. Nothing more special than red white and blue. I love it. I think I remember that star quilt too. I may have that pattern. I love it.