Friday, July 25, 2008

Dear Jane Blocks

Well, I'm moving along like a very slow turtle or maybe I should say a sloth but, I am making some progress as you can see below. I sure hope I can do better once I get back from a friends daughters wedding and I get Kenna back into school August 18th. She starts fourth grade this year, I can't believe it. Maybe then I'll have some more free time.

Also, my two middle children move back to college toward the end of summer. I sure will miss them (not the messes though) and it will be pretty boring around here! It'll be down to Mark and I and our little sweet cream, McKenna. She's gonna miss her 3 older siblings. Luckily, she has a niece and nephew that come over and visit us 2-3 times a week.







9 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Its probably rude to say I'm glad I'm not the only one! Your work is impecable Kim. I have been busy getting ready to go on vacation next week and I've totally lost my Dear Jane rhythm. But I vow to get it back. Your work inspires me.

Kim Walus said...

It's not rude at all I'm glad there's others that are moving along at a steady pace with me. I'm just really realistic with myself and know that it will always be there and I've promised myself that my kids and my family come first so I try to always be flexible and happy. That's all we can do anyway.

One of my favorite thoughts go like this "Those that are flexible never get bent out of shape" Isn't that the truth?!

Kim Walus said...

Nanette, Thanks for the sweet compliment too! I've always enjoyed going to quilt group and seeing everything you do. It's always inspiring! Have a great vacation. I'm going to be gone four days next week to a friends daughters wedding in California.

Browndirtcottage said...

I really love your "Dear Janes"!! You know...the turtle may be slow...but he's steady!!! I'm just impressed some of you gals are taking on such an endeavor!!!

Anina said...

Your blocks are so PERFECT! Beautiful!

Nanette Merrill said...

Thanks Kim. I appreciate you as a friend and I am grateful for your point of view! I needed to hear those very words.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Kim! Those blocks are beautiful -- you're giving me Dear Jane Envy LOL!

Jo-Anne said...

Wow...these are very impressive, Kim. I only wish I could do these sorts of things! :)

Rhonda said...

Wonderful DJ blocks! Slow and steady like a turtle is better than stalled like a sitting duck... like me who is definitely at a stand still. :-D