Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Off to a Wedding!

I'm excited to be flying to Northern California in the morning. Yippee!!! I haven't been away by myself for years and years. I can't even remember how long it's been. Too funny! Some of you may be wondering WHY!? Well, to put it simply my 9 year old daughter Kenna has Generalized Anxiety Disorder and she stresses when I leave ANYWHERE!!! She worries about my dying and I'm sure she'll stress until the flight lands and I call her telling her I'm okay!!!

As she's gotten older she's learned to deal with it better but some days I want to pull my hair out!!! She has a hard time going to sleep at night and then it's REALLY HARD to get her going in the morning. Some nights I've been known to make her sleep in her school clothes! LOL! So, school is especially difficult for Kenna. I'm really not looking forward to the upcoming school year!! I'm going to have to gear up for this!!! We did have fun this afternoon buying new school clothes, shoes, a backpack, underwear and socks. I got a new outfit to take with me for the wedding, too.

This is a picture of the tags I made to put on the wedding lunch bags that you see behind the tags. The wedding party is about 50 people and later that night more people will be in attendance at the outdoor wedding reception. If I know my friend her daughter's wedding will be beautiful. I will post a few pictures of the wedding when I return. Have a great rest of the week and I will talk with you on Monday.

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

These are ADORABLE!!! How lucky your friend is to have YOU as a friend. Have a great time away!

Di~ said...

Kim, the Cade quilt is so great! I did look close and I love the stitching you did for the binding on your machine! I totally agree OH WELL! Is Tracy her school teacher? What are wedding lunch bags? Cute cute tags. Have fun.

Jo-Anne said...

HOW fun! The little tags for the lunch bags will be a big hit!

I hope Kenna will manage while you are gone. The poor thing.
Boy....do I ever know about her difficulties. I have 2 that deal with the same situation.

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw how nice. I hope you have a good time. I know how that anxiety is. Its hard to handle sometimes.

em's scrapbag said...

Have a great time at the wedding. The lunch tags are adorable.