Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Home!


Hi Everyone! I'm home from my quilt retreat and back to reality. I had a GREAT time with all of my wonderful quilting friends and wish that the retreat had lasted a few days longer. For some quilters this was their 1st year and for others this was their 4th year which is exactly how long Amy's been doing her Quilt Retreats. For me, this was my 3rd year.


Kayla and I arrived at Zermatt around 8:30am Wednesday morning and immediately started hauling our stuff into the BIG Conference Room. It was really really nice and all 80+ of us fit in the space with room to spare. We even had two good size classrooms set up at both ends of the Conference Center. The chandeliers and florescent lights provided wonderful lighting at night and the large ceiling to floor windows provided the best natural light during the day.


On Monday evening a few of us ate at the Resort's Restaurant called Schneitter's. It was very pricey but very good. The steak was well worth the cost and I enjoyed every morsel of the meal.


Another favorite stop was the Resort's Bakery. Amy gave everyone a daily voucher to use at the bakery. I think the favorite treat was Gelato. Every day they had a few new flavors to try. My favorites were the Passion Fruit and Raspberry Gelato's. I also tried the Cream Puffs and thought I had died and gone to dessert heaven. The Cream Puffs were AMAZING! I brought home a few new projects and a few extra pounds. lol. I'm so glad the bakery is NOT accessible or I might have to make a few extra visits!

8 comments:

Paula said...

A quilt retreat sounds wonderful. Glad you were able to go.

Pat said...

I'm glad you had a nice time and hope we'll see the projects soon! :)

Martha said...

It sounds like a delicious retreat. Can't wait to see what you worked on.

Jan Marie said...

what could be better good food and good quilting friends?

Rhonda said...

The retreat sounds and looks wonderful. It's always fun to get away with friends to sew and laugh!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that sounds like a fantastic retreat! We always stay at some normal place -- it sounds like you guys were at a fancy resort. And 80 women -- Wow! I'd never get anything done if there were that many people to visit with LOL! And ha -- in keeping with your dessert theme here, my word verification is mousse!

Material Mary said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Retreats are such a fun getaway and I always learn so much from all that go!!
Mary

Nanette Merrill said...

aw wishing i had been there