Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Wedding Day!

Wow!!! Mark and I are celebrating our 26th Wedding Anniversary today!!

It's been fun pulling out the wedding pictures and seeing how old we are now. Don't be shocked but, we were once young and really CUTE! We're still CUTE but in a refined kind of way ; ). The pictures are getting so dated it's funny, especially the bridesmaids dresses and the wedding backdrop but, ya know, we loved it!

When we got married my parents were celebrating their 25th anniversary less than a month after our wedding and I remember thinking that it would be a long time before we'd ever be married that long! Well, here we are and I'm more happy and grateful for the time we've spent together and the memories that we've shared than for having any concerns about how old we are. We do have more aches and pains but for every one of those aches we have an abundance of blessings and for every pain we have great joy.

We're actually old enough now that we've seen such an advance in technology. It's funny to think that we didn't have cell phones, ipods, personal computers, or the internet. It's amazing what we've been blessed with and how it's changed our lives and how it's connected us with friends and family around the world.

I thought I'd just share a few pictures from that very special day. . .

The newly married couple kissing!

Mr. and Mrs.

A symbol of our LOVE for each other.

The Wedding Cake.
My mom made the paper roses on the top of each cake.

Mark's Parents wedding day happens to be the same as ours.
Ben & Carole were married in 1955.

Here's a Picture of My Family!

Here's my Sweetie on our Honeymoon cruise.

Here's Happy ME!

We had such a fun time on our cruise to the carribbean. I was a travel agent at the time and was able to get a really great deal on a cruise. We couldn't afford not to take advantage of this opportunity even though we were just starting out and didn't have very much money. The airline tickets were free and the cruise cost us $500.oo for a stand-by status, meaning we didn't know if we could go until two weeks before the cruise departure. It was worth the anxiety over waiting for confirmation.

10 comments:

Laurie said...

How fun Kim! I love your pictures! I was thinking today on my way home about how technology has changed, and don't know how I did anything without my cell and GPS!
Anyway, congratulations on your anniversary, and many more years of happiness to the both of you!
Blessings,
Laurie

Jo-Anne said...

Congratulations! May you have many more happy years together!

Your wedding reception photos look a lot like mine! :)

Sherri said...

Wow...that was deja vu--my colors, cake and background were sooo similar to yours (we've been married nearly 24 years!) I even had a hat instead of a veil!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- look at those kids in the wedding garb LOL!

Isn't it funny to look back? WHERE did the time go??? I remember when my mom and hubby's mom met, my mom said she still felt inside like she was in high school. I thought to myself she must be kidding -- after all, she was FORTY-something. Oh how things change, and Oh how I can relate!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Nedra said...

Happy Anniversary! What cute pictures. We can tell by the styles that times have changed, but doesn't it feel like yesterday?

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

congratulations on your anniversary, I love the pictures and i also love your dress, and the cke, WOW how neat. I wish you many more happy yaers.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

congratulations on your anniversary, I love the pictures and i also love your dress, and the cke, WOW how neat. I wish you many more happy yaers.

Nanette Merrill said...

Really precious memories. Aren't they. I know we still feel like that person in the wedding dress but different, too. Addupon maybe.

Lily Boot said...

they're lovely photos - happy anniversary and congratluations on making such a good life.

Mary said...

Happy Belated Anniversary, you were really styling with the hat and veil combo! I just found your blog today & have really enjoyed it. I have also enjoyed all the Chris Stewards books.