How are you all doing? I hope your summer is going well!
It's been a very busy summer thus far for me with lots of Quilting, Cleaning, Organizing, and Playing. I recently got back on Friday from Church Girl's Camp and have spent the weekend recovering. I'm not quite as limber as I used to be. lol.
Well, It's time for a
Fresh Fabric Treat Book Giveaway and Podcast.
About the Book Signing:
To celebrate the debut of Fresh Fabric treats we had a book signing event on Sunday afternoon on the last day of Quilt Market where Stash Books gave away 3 1/2 boxes full of books. It was really fun gathering with a few of the Moda Bake Shop Designers who were able to make the trip to Quilt Market in Salt Lake City this year. Here we are posing for a few pictures while laughing and entertaining the crowd that gathered to get a free signed copy for their stores.
Here's the actual book I'm giving away that I had signed by a few of the designers. I'm sorry that I couldn't get more of the designers to sign it but, not everyone was there at market and some had to leave early before the book signing on Sunday.
Here's a peek at my 1st project in the book.
Here's a look at my 2nd project.
About Podcast #207:
I had the pleasure of meeting Annie Smith from Annie's Quilting Stash at Quilt Market.
Here's how it all happened. I was sitting in the dining area after the book signing just enjoying a Ham and Swiss Cheese Panini with my friend Lori Holt. We were talking about the last few days of quilt market and she was telling me that she was just relaxing and waiting for her next interview with Annie Smith. I thought that was really exciting for Lori to be doing an interview.
It wasn't long before Annie joined our little group that had gathered in the dining area. It was so fun to meet her and to talk with her. One thing led to another and before I knew it she was inviting me to talk with her after Lori and do an interview to promote the new book I'm in called "Fresh Fabric Treats" (make sure to check with your local quilt shoppes to purchase the book).
The podcast about me and the book is #207. You can link to it here.
Go Check it out!
About the Projects:
I took a few pictures of my projects before packing them up in a box and shipping them off to the publishers for almost a years time. I just got them back a few months before Quilt Market.
I made the "Pack N' Go Tote" with the Quilter in mind. Fill it up with your current projects and take it with you on a road trip or with you to your quilt classes, quilt retreats, or even your monthly quilt meetings.
The "Pack N' Go Tote" holds the following items:
- Darice 8.5" x 11" Protect-N-Store Box (2 boxes fit inside the tote to hold your projects)
- Clover Mini Iron and separate iron case (fits inside the tote)
- Omnigrid 6" x 12" acrylic ruler (fits in larger outside pockets)
- Omnigrid 8 .75" x 11 .75" Foldaway Portable Cutting & Pressing (fits in larger outside pockets)
- Any Quilt Books, Patters, and/or Notebooks (fits in larger outside pockets)
- Make Life Sewing Kit from FFT book (fits in smaller outside pockets)
- Sewing Scissors (fits in smaller outside pockets)
- Rotary Cutter (fits in smaller outside pockets)
Close-up of Make Life Sewing Kit
About the FFT Giveaway:
- One book will be given away here on My Blog
- Another book will be given away on Annie's Blog, click here
- I will pick the winner using Random Number Generator.
Here's what you need to do to enter the Giveaway:
- Leave me a comment on my blog for one entry
- Be or Become a follower on my blog then tell me in a separate comment for another entry
- Visit Annie's Blog and then tell me in a separate comment for another entry
- Listen to the Podcast #207 and then tell me in a separate comment for another entry
- Giveaway will end on Saturday, June 25th at midnight.
- The winner will be announced on Sunday, June 26th (sometime during the day).
Other Book Buzz and Links:
Behind the Scenes Photo Shoot Post on Stash Books
FFT Book Signing Link at Moda Bake Shop
Pictures from Book Signing at Pine Needles on Natalia's Blog (she's also in the FFT Book)
Check out the Sewing Kit my Friend Vickie E. made on her Blog (she's also in the FFT Book)