Saturday, September 5, 2009

Our Day at the Zoo

The weekend is already zipping by and I've been trying to get to my sewing room but we've been having too much fun spending the day at the ZOO together.

Come join me for a personalized tour given by my grandson, Benjamin.

We start here at the beginning.
We need to remember to pick up our Map.
We don't want to get lost!!!
That's for sure!

A map is very important.
It tells us where we are and where we need to go.

First Stop...

The Noisy Scary Elephant.
I don't like him very much, infact, he SCARES ME!!
Run fast before he chases you.

We also stopped to see the Elephants because there's. . .

A new baby elephant.

Are you having FUN yet?
I am!!!

Look at these two cute girls we met along the way.
They were both very nice.

We met this handsome guy, too, relaxing by the zebras.
Gramp'in came with us to the Zoo today.
It was lots of fun.

Hey, you're not a kid anymore!!!
Kenna was trying to sneak a ride in the wagon!

The bears were posing for all of the photographers today!

This is so much fun . . . let's keep going.
There's a lot more to see.

Look at this unusual turtle from Madagascar.

Ooooh, who's this I see?
Why it's my parents, Nick & Natalie.
Hi, Mom & Dad!

We spent a lot of time looking at the new Baby Giraffe.

Isn't he cute?
He was born on July 30, 2009

The Baby Giraffe is curious and he's checking out the birds in the bush.

This is a new variety of turtle that we've not seen before.
A two headed turtle that smiles.
How interesting is that?!

It's amazing what you'll see at the zoo!

And look at this HUGE spider.
Here let me get him out of your way!

I'll save you Abby.

Help!!!!
We're caught in the spider's web.
Save us Benjamin!!!!

Oh, dear!
I found my sister playing in the water.
What a fun toy to play with.

You can see my grammi in the reflection of the ball.
Isn't she the best? I love my Grammi!!!

18 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

We went before either of the new babies were born...drat!

I think my kids liked the Ball-water-thingy better than anything else in the zoo.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful day at the zoo - so nice you could do it as a family.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Great tour! I love zoos especially when the kids are little. Seeing the excitement in their faces is just priceless. By the way, one of those black bears was sitting on the curb on my street a few days ago. Then he lumbered into my neighbor's front yard. Second time this summer we have had a bear siting. We actually have quite a few here. That is why we don't feed the birds in the summer.

Pat said...

What a great set of photos you posted for us, Kim! Thanks!!! That baby giraffe is so cute.....but the kids in your photos are even cuter!!!

Jocelyn said...

What cute pictures. Benjamin has your daughter's beautiful smile :-)

Needled Mom said...

Looks like a really fun day. That also looks like a fun zoo to visit.

dotti white said...

I love the new zoo babies and also, Benjamin, I love the very nice tour you gave us. Please thank your gramma for taking such great pictures and for having so much fun with you and your family! Happy Sunday

CJ said...

CUTE post, cute kids! The baby giraffe is adorable!!!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I love to go to Hoogle Zoo! It looks like we need to go back soon to see all the new babies!

Carol said...

What an absolutely wonderful day!

Nedra said...

There is nothing better than a day with the grandbabies. I haven't been to the zoo in years. Made me want to go and take my grandsons too!

Miriam said...

Thank you Benjamin for a guided tour of the zoo! Love the baby elephant and giraffe!

Liz said...

Looks like great fun!

Little Lovables said...

how fun, love the web!

we love going to esp when there are baby animals!

Mel said...

My nephew is terrified of that metal elephant!! He goes crazy, and it's right smack dab in the middle, so you have to pass it to see anything!

No zoo for a couple more years!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I LOVE HOGLE Zoo!! It is my all time favorite Zoo ever. We were just visiting family in Utah this summer and made sure to take my kids to Hogle Zoo. We have pictures of my Grandparents as well as my parents and us as kids drinking from the lion fountain. How fun!

Anjeanette

Shari said...

What a lovely day! The stuff of childhood dreams...

Thimbleanna said...

Super Cute post Kim! Looks like you had a great weekend!