Monday, September 14, 2009

Amy's Cupboard Club

I recently joined a new group at American Quilting called Amy's Cupboard Club. We will be meeting monthly. Here are a few pictures from our first meeting. I'm hoping I got everyone's names right as I tried to take notes as I took pictures.

Now for Show N' Tell. . .

This is Ashley showing us her Husband's Great Aunt's YoYo Quilt. It's a Kingsize quilt. I can't even begin to think about making all of those yoyo's. It's pretty amazing closeup. I wonder how many yoyo's it took to make this quilt. I counted 81 yoyo's per square (inside the green borders). Okay, I started to count them and there are 7 blocks across by 5 rows down. So that's 35 yoyo sections of 81 x 35 = 2,835 yoyo's not including the green yoyo's. Maybe I'll have to count those later.



This is Verlene's Thrift Store Find. Can you believe how pretty this Grandmother's Flower Garden is?



This is Debbie's husband's Grandma Daisy's quilt. I love how it's hand pieced and if you look close you'll see how even some of the pieces are pieced. She really used every scrap of fabric that she had available to her.



Deanna's Grandmother's Aprons


This is Elizabeth, Amy's Mother (Amy's Mom) showing us the quilt that she just finished not too long ago. I love the applique and how she set the blocks in the quilt.



Rae Ann loves vintage fabric and has been collecting it online and at various garage sales and thrift stores. Here are just a few pictures of what she brought with her that night.


I love this sweet and happy flower.
Aren't the colors wonderful?



Rae Ann brought this adorable vintage butterfly hot pad.


Diane is modeling a vintage gingham apron her grandmother made.


Becky made this gorgeous Feathered Star Quilt. I don't know the name of the pattern but I really love it.

Here's a closer look at the star in the center.


Diane is a very talented seamstress and shared with us these dresses that she's made for her children.

Look at the beautiful detail on this outfit.

24 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my, what wonderful photos of such talent! I'm sure you must have gotten tons of inspiration.

Thank you so much for sharing, Kim.

BTW, just last week, as hubby and I were passing through Salt Lake City, I had the chance to stop by Sandy, Utah at Quilts, Etc. Now there was even MORE inspiration.

Kaye said...

What a great and talented group that you joined. Thanks for sharing the show and tell. Its always so nice to see what others are doingterom

Thimbleanna said...

Ha! I'm assuming you've joined a new group 'cause... you don't have enough to do LOL! Wow -- what beautiful quilts. All those yoyos! And the GFG is beautiful. AND, is Rae Ann from Manti? She looks familiar.... ;-)

Heather said...

Looks like a fun group. I love the vintage fabric.

Material Mary said...

looks like a great time was had by all! Wonderful quilts, aprons, and fabric.
Mary

Needled Mom said...

WOW! Those are all beautiful pieces.

Jocelyn said...

Wow these are all so beautiful! What a great group of talented creative gals. I know it is going to be fun to get together with them.

Carin said...

What a great group! I love the vintage stuff! I have made my share of grandmothers flower garden flowers one day I hope to actually finish the quilt lol

Mrs Quilty said...

Such wonderful pics! Love the flower quilt and the star one. Lots of talent there! Such fun for you all to get together and share!! Lots of inspiration!

Carla said...

Gorgeous photos. Such a lot of work in those quilts. I love vintage. Thanks for sharing.

Pretty Things said...

WOAH. That yo-yo quilt is some serious, serious work!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm going to have to go steal from Rae Ann. Don't tell her though! Loved all the quilts. Amy's mom's quilt is especially lovely.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

oh my there is a ton of hexagons & yo-yos!!!

Lori Holt said...

Hi Kim-
Loved the show & tell...I'm sure that you'll have alot of fun in your new club....it reminds me of clothesline club that I go to. You know Rae Ann is in my club too!
I'm looking forward to Friday, it will be so good to see you again!
x
lori

Sam said...

I so desperately wanted to make a yoyo quilt but then I did the math and I needed like over 3000. I have 100 made. I've got a long way to go and I don't think I will ever get there!

Dawn said...

All I can say is, "WOW"!!

Micki said...

These are wonderful quilts, esp. the yo yo quilt. They all took my breath away!
Micki

Jodi Nelson said...

My word girl. You are a busy bee. ;o) Awesome vintage stuff! Love it.

onlymehere said...

What beautiful, beautiful work these women do! I'm in awe. Is this the group that meets in Park City? I wish we had something like this in Northern Utah but the only guild up here that I've found meets during the day and since I work that doesn't work for me. I would love to meet with ladies like this who could inspire me! I like how they weren't just showing quilts or even things they themselves had done but other projects and gifts given to them. Love it. You're lucky to be a part of this group!

Liz said...

Oh how fun. That looks like a great group.

Jen said...

Wow - thanks for a lovely share! What fun, can't wait to hear more!

Miri said...

Wonderful vintage quilts and aprons! What a great group...with nice new quilts too!

Karen said...

I really like the vintage quilt with the pink background!

Donna DuMouchel said...

That feathered star quilt is a beauty! The pattern is called "Vintage Moments" and is by Marsha McCloskey. It's been on my gotta-do list for years ...