Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy! Busy!

My summer so far has been spent doing too many other things besides sewing. I'm hoping the fun will slow down a bit so I can sew MORE than I'm currently sewing. I have a lot of projects to get done and I'm trying to balance the FUN with THE FUN! If you know what I mean.

I played all afternoon (yesterday) with this little guy.
My 3 year old grandson.

Here's what I've been doing so far this summer:
  • Three Dentist visits.
  • Wisdom Teeth removal and cavities filled
  • Weekly Summer Movies with Cousins in Orem
  • Weekly Gymnastics class
  • Softball practices and games
  • Driving back and forth to cousins in Alpine
  • Having too many sleepovers with friends and cousins
  • Taking care of grandchildren
  • Reading (I've read two books in two weeks and I'm working on a third)
  • Blogging and doing a makeover on my blog
  • Reorganizing Sewing Room
  • Helping a friend buy a TV for her husband's 50th birthday
  • Visits to the Quilt Shops in and around town
  • Lunches with friends
  • Doing Housework and laundry
  • Cooking dinners and eating out
  • Trying to finish a quilt
  • Working on MBS projects
  • Weeding and sweeping front of house
  • And more summer movies
I'm feeling better about my summer now that I've written things down. I'm happy to know that I've been productive and have had lots of fun doing it ALL even though I'm not accomplishing things as quickly as I'd like to in the sewing/quilting department. I do hope things slow down a bit. We only have 3 more softball games. Yeah!

Here are my two golfers.

My DS and DH have been busy golfing and studying the game this summer. They like to go out 3-5 times a week and play or practice what they're learning. They both work just in case you're worried.

13 comments:

Helen said...

Sounds like a G R E A T summer so far!!

Enjoy every moment, I know you are.

Hugs

Purple Quilter Queen said...

WOW - when do you have time to breathe?!?! Sounds like an action packed summer though. Have fun! Jenn

Nedra said...

It sounds like you are enjoying haveing some time off from school. I always think I'm going to get so much done in the summer and time just flies by. (All those summer activities keep popping up!)
My husband is a big golf fan too. Do your guys ever make it to all the dozens of courses down here?

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Oh - and that grandson is a Q-T!! Jenn

blushing rose said...

What a list! You made me tired. TTFN ~Marydon
Cute little one ... too bad they don't stay little.

Pat said...

Whew....you have done a LOT in just the few weeks since school let out for the summer!

Unknown said...

That is some list! But sounds like fun, no time to get bored.

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, you lucky duck! Sounds like you're having a wonderful summer. Will you adopt me???

Lori Holt said...

You should feel great about that list- it has all of the good stuff on it!
Maybe I'll get to see you sometime this summer...

Kim Brackett said...

I'll be he's just loads of fun! Looks like you're at least getting things accomplished.

Pat said...

You have been "fun" busy. Enjoy. I like your new blog look.

Liz said...

Your summer sounds great so far.

Joyce said...

Love, Love, Love the Tiger Paw Cap.