Sunday, May 11, 2008

5th Annual Home Machine Quilting Show


My friends and I went to the HMQS show at the South Towne Expo Center this past Thursday. We didn't have time to attend any of the classes but we were able to see the quilt show along with visiting the vendor market. We had fun buying a few civil war prints and shirtings for our "OMIGOSH" quilt and our "Dear Jane Quilts". We've been really busy cutting all the fabric we'll need for the Omigosh quilt. What a task doing it all at once but now we can get to it and start sewing. if you're interested you can purchase the "Omigosh" pattern by Quakertown Quilts for $9.99 at Village Dry Goods in Brigham City. I'm sure you can find it elsewhere too.

We were truly impressed by "The Supper" a quilt made by Dr. Donald E. Locke D.D.S. The pictures are copyrighted so I didn't upload them but you can click on the above title to go to his website and have a look. Of course, it's far more impressive in person. The quilt is made up of 51,816 squares of 1/2 inch cotton fabric. The quilt measures 183" x 67". I got to talk with him and asked him a few questions. I'm sure many of you would have asked this question, "How long did it take you to make the quilt?" He said, "Two and a half years". I really thought it would take longer with how small the squares were. I also asked what number quilt this was for him and he said it was his second quilt. WOW!!! He told me that he's on quilt number seven.



I took a picture of only one quilt because it caught my eye. It's a red, white, and blue version of Dear Jane made by a local quilter. Her name is Sue Baddley. I hope she doesn't mind my taking a picture of her quilt but it's wonderful and she did an awesome job.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Isn't Sue's quilt gorgeous? I know her through Dear Jane retreats in Shipshewana. She does beautiful machine quilting. Thanks for sharing.