Monday, July 19, 2010

Paranormalcy Contest

One of my daughter's dearest writer friends, Keirsten White is having a contest to win the ARC of Paranormalcy along with three other new books, all coming out really soon. I planned on buying the book and already have it on reserve at Amazon but, if I could win it, that would be even better.

So here's my contest entry. . .


This is the front cover of Kiersten's book which debuts August 31, 2010.

Isn't it just amazing?

It's so beautiful and gorgeous.


As you scroll down you will see a few closeups of the quilt I designed for Kiersten's Contest. I know a little about the book and my daughter filled in a few gaps for me.

The main character's name is Evie and she loves her pink boots and her Zebra print wrap dress. So, I had to recreate the boots for her along with putting the book cover in a picture frame. I also used zebra print here and there throughout the quilt.


The "E" stands for Evie.


In the book she works for IPCA and carries a pink taser that she calls "Tasey" so I put "i heart Tasey" in one of the hearts.


There are black hearts with pink yoyo's and black buttons in each corner of the quilt.


"E" is for EVIE



Notice the TV set?
Well, in the book "Easton Heights"
is Evie's favorite TV show.


For Kiersten...We just had to take this picture for you.

Me, Kenna, Natalie, and the kids went on an adventure this afternoon to our favorite bookstore and we snuck a picture of the quilt in the teen section right where your book will be in the W's.




15 comments:

Natalie Whipple said...

It turned out so great, Mom!

Patsy said...

Your quilt is so amazing! I'd vote for your entry. Fun idea.
Question on the colorful strip afghan. My crochet hooks are alpha letters not numbers - how do they match up?

Kiersten White said...

I have no words, other than that now I need to buy a house so I can have an office for the sole purpose of hanging that on the wall.

So amazing, Kim! You are an incredible talent. I'm floored!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Woohoo! A comment from the author! What a fun quilt -- I love the colors. That's a prize-winner for sure! Now...about that bleep.... ;-)

Pat said...

What a GREAT quilt to go with what you told us about the book!

Anonymous said...

That is one amazing contest entry!! Wow! It's so special, and so full of detail. Also, I love the fact that you took a picture in the W section.

And, a P.S. to Kiersten: I know you started this contest mainly to make people work for that ARC, but I imagine it feels so rewarding to see the creative things people have come up with!

onlymehere said...

Oh my gosh, what an amazing quilt! Love it!

Rae Ann said...

Love the quilt Kim! You have done an amazing job!~

Jan Marie said...

The quilt is great. I will have to keep an eye out for the book. Is it adolecent literature?

Cindy said...

Catching up on dear bloggers' posts. Kim, what a great quilt. Youre work is always so wonderful and this quilt is no exception.

As I read your insight on the book, the quilt seems to represent it so clearly.

Karen said...

What an amazing quilt!! So much uniqueness (is that a word??) to it. Great job.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute and creative. You are amazing.

Lori Holt said...

I love it kim... it looks like it was so fun to make. I hope you win!!! Crossing my fingers,
lori

Ellz said...

It is beautiful. Congrats!

Carrie Harris said...

Oh, WOW! This is the coolest thing ever.