Saturday, August 29, 2009

American Quilting

Guess What?

My friend Amy McClellan is the owner of American Quilting and she started a BLOG for her quilt shop! Yippee!! I've been helping her get started so she can learn the in's and out's of blogging. She's doing really well! Take the time now to add her to your google reader and blog list. You will love getting to know her and seeing everything that she creates.

Amy is a very talented lady!! She use to tole paint back in the day when I was tole painting and she had a business producing and selling her designs. Infact, I bought one of her pieces at a craft fair when I was visiting Utah several years ago not knowing that one day we would become friends. It's been so much fun getting to know her over the years.

Right now Amy is having a Garden Party & Quilt Show in her backyard and front yard. Each year Amy invites her friends & customers to display their quilts. It's a lot of fun looking at all the beautiful quilts, enjoying good company, and eating ice cream sundaes. Go check it out!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, Thanks for the tip! Going to check them out. By the way the new blog looks fantastic!

Betsy said...

Thanks Kim, I am off to check her out. How was the first week of school for you? I love your new layout.

Nedra said...

Hi Kim,
We just got back late last night from our family vacation to California. Now its time to get caught up on all the blog posts I missed! I will be putting Amy's new blog on my side bar. Thanks for the lead! You are so sweet to help her get started. Amy Smart has a wonderful blog too, and I'm sure will be able to add in tips here and there.

Carin said...

I will have to check her out thanks for the tip :O)

Thimbleanna said...

Hey -- how did we miss this place??? So not fair that you have ANOTHER cool quilt shop!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Fun. Thanks for telling us. Amy is amazing.

SandyQuilts said...

Isn't it wonderful ... congrats to Amy.

You might want to change your URL link to read
http://americanquilting.blogspot.com/
otherwise in the future your link will only take a person to Garden Party post instead of her main page.