Saturday, March 15, 2008
This quilt was originally supposed to be a twin size blanket, but ended up as a baby quilt when I realized that I was insane. I started the project my first year out of high school, but then it quickly fell through the cracks as college and work consumed my time. Occasionally I would pull it out and try to work on it, but would quickly get tired of it.
Finally, after I had gotten married (meaning like 3 years after I started it), I decided I had to finish the project. So I pulled it out and found I only had like half of it! Somehow the other half had gotten lost in all the moving I'd done. Though I was sad, I found it was smarter to make this into a baby quilt anyway, since one inch squares are daunting.
I took the blocks I had finished, made a few more, added the sashing, found a border, and finished it sometime in the Spring or Summer of 2005, I believe. My mom loved it so much that it's been living at her house until recently, when I brought it home for Kora to use.