This quick and easy tutorial makes 6 Kleenex Tissue Holders out of a small amount of three different fabrics. I love making these for friends and neighbors as little thank you gifts or to add to a bigger gift. I have one in my purse and one in my church bag.
What You Will Need:
- 7" of fabric for outside of tissue holder
- 7" of fabric for inside of tissue holder
- 6" of fabric for binding on tissue holder
- Cut one strip of outside fabric measuring 6" x width of fabric
- Cut one strip of inside fabric measuring 6" x width of fabric
- Cut two strips of binding fabric measuring 2 1/2" x width of fabric
- Sub-cut outside fabric into 6 rectangles measuring 6" x 6 1/2"
- Sub-cut inside fabric into 6 rectangles measuring 6" x 6 1/2"
- Sub-cut binding fabric into 12 rectangles measuring 2 1/2" x 6"
1. Take one inside fabric and one outside fabric measuring 6" x 6 1/2" and place them with the wrong sides together.
2. Repeat process for the remaining 6" x 6 1/2" rectangles making a total of 6 sets.
3. Take the twelve 2 1/2" x 6" strips fold in half and press with wrong sides together.
4. Using a 3/8" seam allowance sew two binding strips with one on each 6" side of the tissue holder.
5. Press binding fabric outward on both sides of tissue holder.
6. Fold the binding up and over to the back of each tissue holder and stitch in the ditch.
7. Repeat on the opposite sides of each tissue holder.
8. Fold tissue holder in half with the right sides together.
9. Press the corners. This is the center.
10. Fold binding edges into the pressed center mark and pin in place. Make sure the outside fabric is in the inside as seen in the picture below.
11. Using a 1/4" seam allowance sew both sides of the Tissue Holder closed. I like to backstitch at the beginning, the end, and over the opening to make sure it's really secure.
12. Finish the inside seams with a serger. If you don't have a serger that's okay. Just use a zigzag stitch on your sewing machine.
13. Turn the tissue holders right side out making sure to push out the corners.
14. Press the tissue holders and you are done!
Kleenex Tissue Holders
~1 for you and 5 friends~